Thread: Rascal Peep question.

AndyVandy

Rascal Peep question.

Do the Williams apertures work on the Rascal? I'm wanting to find an aperture with a smaller diameter hole and I've found some for Williams sights, but need to know if they will work. Thanks for any help.

AndyVandy
    Bump.

thomae
    Don't know the answer to your question. However, perhaps you could pull your aperture out, measure the threads and then check with Williams (phone) to see what their thread diameter and pitch is.

AndyVandy
    Thanks for the response. I do know the threads are the same. Calling Williams is probably what I will need to end up doing.

The issue revolves around the shoulder on the Rascal peep sight.

After the threads, this shoulder tightens against the rest of the sight to keep the windage adjustment. Lyman and Williams sights work differently and wouldn't need the shoulder.

Honestly, the more I play with this thing the more I am looking at going to a gunsmith to see if they can fit a more easily/finely adjustable rear sight. It's aggravating to loosen a screw only to lose where you were and start over. These are better than the Cricket, but still leave a ton of room for improvement for target shooting. They would be awesome for normal plinking, but they have my 8 year old shooting a USA/NRA 50 target at 50ft. and the adjustment has to be pretty fine. It's not a large target!

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll call Williams.

AndyVandy
    The threads are not the same (12-32 on the Rascal, and 12-40 on the Williams/Lyman peeps). I was wrong on that one.

Here is the solution I came up with. I drilled out the current peep and threaded it for the Williams/Lyman peeps.