Thread: Trigger guard bolt release

stewart3

Trigger guard bolt release

All the savages I've looked at lately have the bolt release in front of the trigger guard. Does this affect bedding? Tried a search here for info no hits. Granted they have been most of the less expensive models. Also, the parts are plastic just wondering are there upgrade parts in steel? I know I'm being lazy. Thanx ahead of time!

Basic Member
    Welcome,

Both my Savages are trigger guard release but accustock models and the underside is all metal. I do not see how having the button there would affect the bedding. Since the bolt is underneath it. You can upgrade to either a custom like a CDI bottom metal or go the savage metal bottom metal.

stewart3
    I haven't seen the workings of that mechanism yet. My last build was on a stevens and had the typical bolt release. I took the trigger off for that job and used a rifle basix replacement. Also, replaced tupperware with a Boyds. Just wondering if all those type of options are compatible with that type of release. The model I've been looking at is a 11vt and would like to replace the plastic parts and possibly stock or at least a bed job and a 260 rem barrel down the road.

multitoes
    From what I see on my rifles there is more clearance in the inlet around the front of the trigger for the linkage on the trigger guard bolt release models ; I have 2 rifles with the steel bottom bolt release trigger guard -- one matte, one glosss ; one is accustock and the guard assemblies are the same.
    All you need is the part #'s to order them from Savage ; I can dig those up if you want.
    Boyds is now making stocks for the bottom bolt release.

stewart3
    thanx for the info guys