Thread: Newb Mounts Question

Basic Member

Newb Mounts Question

I'm awaiting delivery of my Classic 14 in 250-3000.

I have ordered and received a set of Warne M902/902M mounts. I see the ring slot is off set on both.

I'm assuming it makes no difference how I mount them. I hope to gets the rings as far apart as possible to support the scope, a Zeiss Diavari 2.5-10 x 42T.

multitoes
    Hi,
    I think you will really like that 250 Savage ; I do mine...
    The rear base should work either way as long as it does not interfere with the bolt handle ; the front should not matter ; however I don't have Warne bases...
    If your Zeiss is a short scope with long eye relief you may have trouble because of the long span between the rings.
    Good luck with your new rifle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Code4 View Post
    I'm awaiting delivery of my Classic 14 in 250-3000.

I have ordered and received a set of Warne M902/902M mounts. I see the ring slot is off set on both.

I'm assuming it makes no difference how I mount them. I hope to gets the rings as far apart as possible to support the scope, a Zeiss Diavari 2.5-10 x 42T.

Basic Member
    Thank you for the reply multitoes.

Information about reversing the bases and clearing the handle are welcome news. Helps with the preparation. I was able to handle the rifle this week at my local GS and was surprised by the action length. The scope is a long tube and will fit a Mauser '98 action length.

multitoes
    Hi again,
    If the scope has a longer tube then you should have no trouble regardless of the orientation of your bases.
    One other thing I run into is that the scope's power adjustment ring sometimes interferes with the rear base when using real low rings -- but then I seem to have wierd eyes I guess and usually need to mount my scopes farther forward to get the eye relief I need.
    Take care.

Basic Member
    No worries, I have different rings. Will PM you re: loads.

Cheers,

John

multitoes
    Hi John,
    Would be happy to share some info with you ; I have not shot mine all that much ; kinda got carried away playing with my 17 Hornet and a 6x250 I put together on a Model 11.
    But then it did not take me long to get some good info. ; I just don't have a lot for the 250 Savage.

Tad

Basic Member
    I had a 6/250 once. It was perfect for Roo (25-40kg liveweight) shooting with 70 grainers. Case prep was a pain however as it was a custom (small) neck.