Well, I'm going to start reloading for .308 soon and am collecting components; bullets, powder, got the dies, got the shell holder, picking up appropriate primers tomorrow..

While at Cabela's this morning I was looking through the mauled copies of reloading manuals they have for checking suggested powders vs. whats on the shelf. I bought 200 155 Gn. Hornady Amax bullets on line, amongst some others from the good folks here in the classifieds. I spied a 1 lb. jug of IMR 8208 XBR powder and it was listed in the Hornady manual, but not the others. I have NOT bought the "One Book, One Caliber" manual yet for .308, but will. The XBR was $24.99 so I bought it. My Speer reloading manual does not list it for .308; my "One Caliber" book for .223 does not list it at all for any .224 bullet.

I know it's a relative "new comer" in the market; other forums on the 'net list folks saying it's the "new Varget"; it is close to "so and so" powder, etc.

To you vets out there; wheres the best place to get the true "skinny" on this powder? Anyone one using it for .308? For .223? Opinions?

I'm new to this- successful so far in loading for my .223 Rem. I have a couple of pounds each of Varget and Winchester 748 on hand-is what I've been using for .223 with 50 Gn. and 55 Gn. Hornady bullets.. So whats the deal on the 8208? AS ALWAYS- thanks for any info., informed opinions, lucky guesstimates (only kiddin'!).

Brian