Thread: Bipod for my savage b.Mag?

Zinzrah

Bipod for my savage b.Mag?

I love my Savage Bmag. It's an awesome rifle and it has really got me excited to be shooting again. Last year I had to have a scaphoid bone removed from my left wrist because of a shattered wrist that didn't heal right. Because of this that hand is shaky. This causes some issues. Usually I just find a nice pillow or I also filled a huge sock with sand for a shooting platform to steady my shots. What I am wanting to know is if I can put a bipod on my new b.mag. I was thinking about http://www.walmart.com/ip/BLACKHAWK-...d-6-9/20754455 for it. Will this work fine with my b.mag. I am not looking to spend lots of money on it. Just wanted some opinions before I drop the cash for it. I would be using it for target shooting from a bench.

Thanks,

-Glen

P.S. Any new on a replacement stock for this gun. It's my only complaint about the gun at all. Bolt handle is a little annoying with my big hands but I can deal with it for now.

Basic Member
    The Blackhawk bi-pods work great, I have two each mounted on rim-fire rifles. I too have a Bmag but because the stock is so flimsy I did not mount one on it. I would suggest resting on shooting bags that enable you to move your rest further back on the stock where it more rigid. The stock on the Bmag is very poor, and no one at this time makes a replacement. Boyds is said to have one in the works, only time will tell. I suggest contacting Boyds gunstocks, the more folks who ask for this stock the sooner we get one.