Thread: Rings for FCP-HS, Nightforce 20MOA rail & Leupold MK IV 8.5-25x50 scope?

Jackal

Rings for FCP-HS, Nightforce 20MOA rail & Leupold MK IV 8.5-25x50 scope?

Hello from Australia. I have recently purchased a 10 fcp-hs in 308win. I have installed a nightforce 20 moa rail and have just purchased a leupold mark 4 8.5-25x50 mil dot scope.(has been shipped and should have it in a week)
    what I'm wondering is what rings I should use to ensure the scope is as low as possible. Have any of you guys/gals got this setup. If so what height rings did you use.
    This is my second savage and so far I'm pretty happy with it. The only disappointment is I have been unable to get the trigger very light. I much prefer the trigger on my lrpv that I used to have. I have read about spring mods etc but prefer not to mess about with triggers too much. I may have to get a gunsmith to take a look at some stage in the future.

bodywerks
    The lowest rings you can find. Period. With that rail it's practically impossible to have rings too low. Not sure of your budget, but good, low end would be Burris xtr tactical low rings. Better would be warne - any of their low offerings. Best, would be whatever you can afford in their low size.
    FWIW, most low rings are within a millimeter or so of each other as far as height, so you can't go wrong so long as you choose low.

Jackal
    Thanks bodyweks. So how do you guys rate the mark 4. I'm hoping it will be a good choice

thomae

pitsnipe
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
    Thanks bodyweks. So how do you guys rate the mark 4. I'm hoping it will be a good choice
    Have a 6.5-20X50 M-1 ILL TMR LRT on my mdl 10 .308. Sitting on an EGW 20 moa rail with MED height (could easily use low) Warne QD rings, and love it.

Snipe

bodywerks
    Running the 5-20 mk4 m5 ffp on my savage fcp 260. Great scope for the money.