Thread: Could a Cabelas 11/111 Trophy Hunter have an Accustock?

Basic Member

Could a Cabelas 11/111 Trophy Hunter have an Accustock?

I am considering buying a used 11/111 .308 (about 1 or 2 yr old) from a guy that says it has an accustock on it. I havent seen it yet and he is supposed to email me pictures. According to the savage site , the 11/111 Ttrophy Hunter does not have an accustock. Cabelas marketing ad does not mention an accustock either but does say it has the accutrigger. The guy says he thought that too, and took the stock off to see what would be necessary to glass bed it and was surprised to see the aluminum bedding rail. I asked him if it had a metal bottom and guard but haven't heard yet.

Since I don't know jack about Accustocks I don't know if this is BS or not. What do you experts say?

Additionally, do you think in this market it is worth 400 without the Nikon scope?

Thanks for your help
    al

I'd ask for pictures.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

stangfish
    Look around the magazine inside the action.

Basic Member
    Our local Cabelas has a sale on the 11/111 packages for $379.00

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stangfish View Post
    Look around the magazine inside the action.
    What am I looking for? ...Aluminum bedding block or ?

Basic Member
    The nearest Cabelas to me is about 4 1/2 hrs one way. Their $379 special is for a Rem 700 or Axis package. I want something I can do a switch barrel setup on so I can sell off some of my other rifles. I already have a 112 FV so was looking at a SA with hunting contour barrel so I would have flexibility on what comes along down the road.

As I said, ask for pictures. This is what the inside of an AccuStock looks like...

"Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    You should be able to see the sides of the aluminum bedding when looking down from the top of the rifle even without removing the action and barrel.

(Look down along the side of the barrel where the lug is, same angle as shown above.)

Basic Member
    I sort of assumed the aluminum would be molded into the plastic and hard to see, but your pics & info showed me what I will need to know when looking. Thanks, al

Basic Member
    May have to look further down the barrel, in the gap between it and stock (not the lug, as I said earlier).

Basic Member
    If it has an accustock that is a decent deal, if it does not have an accustock I would wait for a sale at a box store myself. dicks sporting goods has a model 111 with a nikon scope for $499 (no accustock). In my opinion most of the used guns I look at dont warrant enugh savings to not buy new, that being said, they seem to be selling to somebody.

Basic Member
    Thanks John,
    Buds has the 11/111 Trophy Hunter for 477+free shipping. So without the $177 Nikon scope (guy sold it) I feel the gun itself is worth closer to 350 but I doubt he will go that low, so if it does have the accustock then that makes it worth a little more. So $400 is probably an average lower end price in today's market. Then of course I will have to get a slotted nut and wrench eventually.