Got my 6 year old boy his first gun and had to customize it a bit. Found a scope in the bargain bin, throw in a cheap bi-pod and off to shoot. He discovered a tactical savage while surfing the web with me and fell in love with the look. After a few trips to the range he wanted to shoot the 100 yd targets I was shooting at. The 22lr was a little light in the breeze so I figured WMR was in order. To satisfy his want for the TAC look I sanded the stock and stained it ebony. While the action was out of the stock the wheels started turning. Quick look at the design and came up with the idea for a switch barrel. A few hours in the shop and had it down. Ordered a GM Rifle barrel in 22 mag and turned it down to a feather taper and recessed target crown. 19.75 inches finished and sent a PTG 22wmr reamer down with a floating holder. Made a quick program for the extractor ramps and anchor point. Mounted it up and checked head space. Everything seemed good so off for some range testing. Few shots for safety and started the barrel break in procedure. Very accurate with CCI TMJ as this was all I could find. Will get some more ammo types and do some range testing. Boys first 50yd group could be covered with a quarter. Not bad for a six year old.