Thread: Redfield Revenge or Revolution

n4ue

Redfield Revenge or Revolution

(Editors note: copied from another section where it was seriously off topic and had hijacked a thread)

Redfield (now a part of Leupold) has both the Revenge and the Revolution. Which model did (do) you have? My co worker (there's only him and I left, and I only work 4 hrs/day. ha ha) is a Redfield lover and has an older one on his 30-06. He fell in love with my Revenge again this week.....

ron
    Last edited by thomae; 11-01-2013 at 02:45 PM.

Ed Gordon
    I had the Redfield Revolution 3-9x40mm with the accu-range-reticle. I put a Redfield Battlezone 3-9x42mm w/ TAC-MOA Reticle scope on it this afternoon. Had to replace the medium Weaver rings with high rings. The Revolution was nice if I didn't make adjustments for windage. When I adjusted windage the elevation would change dramatically (like up 4" at 100yds.) The Battlezone seems to be working properly and works good so far. I am thinking that I am getting some flyers from the .17WSM ammo because out of the blue I will have a terrible shot. I also believe that right after I clean the barrel I need to shoot 5-6 rounds before I worry about point of impact. I can't be sure because I don't want to burn up to much extra ammo experimenting until I see a regular supply of it.

n4ue
    Ed, thanks for the reply.
    I have 'heard/read', that the Revolution is assembled here in the good old USA. The Revenge is assembled in the Philippines. I also 'heard' that the same glass/coatings are used in both. Due to the very similar pricing, the glass probably can't be made here. But I've been wrong before, just ask my ex-wives! ha ha
    More and more scopes are being made 'over there'
    As a Vet, I would much rather spend my $ on US goods, but........

ron

Neo2savage
    I hate to throw this into the mix but I have an older 3x9 Redfield I'd give away to anyone that really needed a scope. But they would need to have a dire need to bother with it.

I can't afford all the big dollar glass so I've gone to Nikon, Vortex, and Sightron. The Nikon is a 4-16x44 223 BDC reticule, the Vortex is a 6-24x50 Viper HS with MOA reticule, and the Sightron is a 6-24x50 with the MOA2 reticule. The Sightron is either nearly as good or as good as a Nightforce. The Nikon has better glass than the Vortex but I found the BDC reticule is rather limiting if you're not using the caliber and weight bullets it was set up for. Unfortunately the Sightron is made in Japan, but we don't have a massive trade imbalance with them.

I'm not a vet but done a lot of time in all the "wrong" places with vets, living it as they had to. Thanks for what you've done!! You sacrificed more than many could ever understand.

northernmaine67
    if you still have that scope I am definitely in need

northernmaine67
    It certainly would save my deer hunting season this year. My hours were cut at work and the scope I wanted is just out of reach right now
    Last edited by northernmaine67; 11-03-2013 at 07:55 PM.

Neo2savage
    I have yet to try the private messaging in this forum and not being a paid member that may not be possible. Give it a try and send me an address. If it gets through I'll send the scope.

northernmaine67
    Sent you a message. Thank you!

thomae
    From now on, if you are giving something away, please do it by PM (available to both basic and paid members) or else post it in the Free Stuff section of the classifieds which is also open to both basic members and paid members.

Thanks for paying it forward.