Thread: Finally got out with 5/35-Smc varmint gun.

Finally got out with 5/35-Smc varmint gun.

I bought an f-class in .308,it shot pretty good to excellent.When I got it ,it came with a pac-nor super match 3 groove barrel in 5/35 Smc.I shot it but I couldnt get to where I needed to be to compete and shoot woodchucks. I could shoot some good groups in the .2's and then the 32 grainers opened up to 1/2 inch.What a disapointment for hunting with these tiny little bullets. So anyways I finally found a load of h380 and the 40 grain moly coated bullets.I shot a .116,.186 back to back.Now I am really happy! My question is , does anyone on this forum have one to share loads.The next thing that is wrong is the accutrigger at almost the highest pound setting still drops the pin and of course the red blade catch's it and it doesnt go bang.I dont quite no what to do to cure it.The trigger is nice and clean and nothing seems to be worn.Any suggestions?
    Last edited by jonbearman; 10-28-2013 at 10:23 AM.
    Willing to give back for what the sport has done for me!

wlleven
    Quote Originally Posted by jonbearman View Post
    I bought an f-class in .308,it shot pretty good to excellent.When I got it ,it came with a pac-nor super match 3 groove barrel.I shot it but I couldnt get to where I needed to be to compete and shoot woodchucks. I could shoot some good groups in the .2's and then the 32 grainers opened up to 1/2 inch.What a disapointment for hunting with these tiny little bullets. So anyways I finally found a load of h380 and the 40 grain moly coated bullets.I shot a .116,.186 back to back.Now I am really happy! My question is , does anyone on this forum have one to share loads.The next thing that is wrong is the accutrigger at almost the highest pound setting still drops the pin and of course the red blade catch's it and it doesnt go bang.I dont quite no what to do to cure it.The trigger is nice and clean and nothing seems to be worn.Any suggestions?
    Where are you getting 32 and 40gr .308 caliber bullets ?

wll

I changed the barrel,Oops I had a brain malfunction,it is a switch barrel so to speak.I cahnged the post so it is easier to understand.Thanks for the heads up.
    Willing to give back for what the sport has done for me!

wlleven
    Quote Originally Posted by jonbearman View Post
    I changed the barrel,Oops I had a brain malfunction,it is a switch barrel so to speak.I cahnged the post so it is easier to understand.Thanks for the heads up.
    Never heard of that caliber before, just looked it up....what a screamer for sure ;- )

wll

Ahh...the 5mm/35 SCM - Mic McPherson and By Smalley's little pink elephant that nobody wanted. lol
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    So Jon, tell us more about this hot little round.

Yes please, you got my attention.