Quote Originally Posted by NicfromAlabama View Post
I stopped by the Class III dealer yesterday and decided to bite the bullet on a centerfire suppressor. I went with the Specwar 762 suppressor. It is a 30 caliber suppressor, but it is my understanding that it will work just about as well as a dedicated .223 suppressor. Plus, I might buy a .308 threaded rifle later, and the Specwar 762 will handle it all.

Is anyone running a suppressor on their Axis rifles? I am curious as to how the rifle will perform with a suppressor. I have a rimfire suppressor right now and my rifles actually group better with the suppressor on than without it. I am hoping the same thing will happen with the centerfire suppressor. It will probably be a looooong wait until I find out though. The dealer said that the ATF is being deluged with applications.
To put it simply, lowering recoil lets you shoot with better foam (more consistent shot-to-shot) which directly affects accuracy. Shooting from a bench, probably wouldn't see a difference, but if the rifle in on a bipod or bags, then there should be a difference.