Thread: Savage 10fp 223

jimmy456

Savage 10fp 223

Hello there,

Noob here, but got a question and figured this is the best place to ask it. I am getting ready to buy a 10fp and someone said they are now manufacturing these with the Accu-Stock. First of all, is this true? If it is indeed true, how would you go about finding out if one has the Accu-Stock? Is there some sort of serial number range, or identifying marks? Thanks very much for your help folks. Please let me know if I should have posted this somewhere else.

3toes

Re: Savage 10fp 223

yes its true, go to savage arms.com i think you will find the the info you need there.

jimmy456

I have been to the website, it says that it does not come with the Accu-Stock. But my feeling is that they just have not updated it yet.

82boy

The web site has been updated, it has only been up about a month.

jimmy456

So does that mean that the Savage 10fp in 223 does not come with the Accu-Stock? Because I have heard the exact opposite from at least two different dealers.

The 10fp is not in an accu stock. They added 2 inches to the barrel length from the old ones and kept it in the tupperware and of course raised the price about $50.
    FROGGY
    See profile for fire arms
    Do it today there maybe no tomorrow

jimmy456

Is the factory stock really that bad? I am a beginning shooter, so I wouldn't know. Any advice is appreciated!

ellobo

The current factory plastic stock is an upgrade from its former self. Yes, the forened isnt as stiff as some others but it still takes a lot to twist it enough to mess with the accuracy. Adding a bipod isnt something I would do to mine, but my 7x57 in the plastic stock still shoots sub MOA and I havnt had a problem in the field or at the range with the forend twisting under normal conditions. Plus its weatherproof and thats a good thing in northern New England hunting seasons. Other accustocked models are available if you must have one.

El Lobo

jimmy456

Why wouldn't you add a bipod? Sorry if this is a stupid question.

Basic Member

The 10FCP-K is the Accustock, and it comes with a fluted barrel and muzzle brake.
    The -K is the designation of the Accustock.
    They have been available for some time.
    I have two, one in .308 and one in .223

As far as the bipod..the Accustock has a solid metal rail the length of the forearm
    and the sling swivels are threaded into it.
    You can use a Harris or as I did get a Seekins rail, drill a hole to match the second swivel
    and go with a Atlas bi pod.

http://savagearms.com/firearms/models/

Look under "Law Enforcement"
    Proud Member<br />EOD Master Blaster&#39;s

steveinwv

Quote Originally Posted by LeeH
    The 10FCP-K is the Accustock, and it comes with a fluted barrel and muzzle brake.
    The K is the designation for the non-adjustable muzzle brake. I don&#39;t know of a designation for the accustock.

jimmy456

The 10fcp-k is out of my price range, I am just wondering if the 10fp base model has an Accu-Stock. And so far I am hearing no, so I am going to pick one up anyway within the next few days. My next question is, is the regular stock really that bad?

jimmy456

I am thinking that I am going to buy this rifle today, just wanted to be sure that newer versions do not come with an Accu-Stock.

Jimmy456 the standard factory stock has been around for a long time, and people including me have complained about them for a long time. That said they are useable they are cheaper and you can always replace it down the road. I almost always buy the plain Jane and then swap mine out with the laminates, I have a 243 that is about 13 years old that is a deer gun only and I am just getting ready to swap it out, so yes they are shootable and as a beginner just buy it learn to shoot it and then worry about the stock, who knows maybe you&#39;ll like it.
    FROGGY
    See profile for fire arms
    Do it today there maybe no tomorrow

jimmy456

Sweet, I am going to order it today. I already have a scope. Can you tell me if this scope will be OK to start out with? I know it&#39;s not a Night Force, USO, S&B, or Leupold but I think it should work.

Simmons 2.8-10x44 Aetec
    http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm...eticle%20Matte

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by steveinwv
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeH
    The K is the designation for the non-adjustable muzzle brake. I don&#39;t know of a designation for the accustock.
    I stand corrected, Thanks for setting that straight.
    Proud Member<br />EOD Master Blaster&#39;s