Thread: Model 10-MLII strikes again

Model 10-MLII strikes again

Last evening I went to my Sons and we went up on the mountain as the early antlerless season started last Sat. I had not killed a Deer in 2 years. We settled in behind some brush the same spot we were in 2 years ago and watched the field in front of us. After about 20 min. 3 appeared in the upper edge of the field about 120 yds. away. The first one was the biggest (the mother) and I was going to take her but when she moved to my left the Sun caused a whiteout in my scope so I moved to the next one. It was looking my way so I put the cross hairs on its chest. When the rifle went off it dropped in it's tracks and the funny part is it was in the same spot I had shot my last one. I use Hornady 250 gr. XTP with SR4759 powder and I have had my gun for about 10 years. Over the years I certainly have had a lot of harder hunts but not more enjoyable as I don't get around as good as I used to.
    Sorry no pictures I forgot my camera and I don't think this trophy weighted more that 50 lbs.

Glad to hear you had a successful hunt and put some meat in the freezer, even if it's only enough for a few sticks of jerky.

I just had my 10ML-II out the other day giving her an oil massage and realized she hasn't been out hunting in probably 5-6 years. I've had mine for 11 years now and actually toyed with the idea of selling it a couple times in the last year or two, but now that Savage has stopped making them there's no way I'm letting it go as I know I'll never find another one at a reasonable price.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

I know what you mean Jim I have thought about selling mine a couple of times, but I will never get one at the same price I paid for it of $229.00. Besides that there is some satisfaction when you make a good shot with it.

Wow! You stole yours. I thought I did good back then getting mine for $390 OTD.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Gordon gets alot of deals like that Jim!

Congrats Gordon!
    ”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
    ~Clint Eastwood

A friend that owns ALG at that time had it and I had been reading about them. So I ask how much and he said my distributer talked me into taking 10 of them and I haven't moved any of them and he gave me the old line of (I will give it to you for what I have in it) and I took him up on it. That was otd also.

Thanks Mike but my better half says my build budget is shot for the rest of the year, She also observes that I don't shoot the ones I have so what do I need with more. Her 5 closets full of clothes she doesn't wear any more don't count. Thank goodness the basement has a back door, and when a barrel or something comes it is for the boys.
    Last edited by bythebook; 10-22-2013 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pdog06 View Post
    Gordon gets alot of deals like that Jim!

Congrats Gordon!
    Yeah, there's a lot of guys out there that feel sorry for him, you know; having raised those two wild sons of his and all... ha-ha...
    Ed Bell, PA Deer Hunter & NRA Life Member ~ “The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.”~

Quote Originally Posted by EFBell View Post
    Yeah, there's a lot of guys out there that feel sorry for him, you know; having raised those two wild sons of his and all... ha-ha...
    That is there mother's fault ED! LOL LOL But they can take care of themselves if they have to.

Quote Originally Posted by bythebook View Post
    That is there mother's fault ED! LOL LOL But they can take care of themselves if they have to.
    Ha-ha... Of that I have no doubt!
    Ed Bell, PA Deer Hunter & NRA Life Member ~ “The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.”~