Thread: Am I missing anything?

Williarj87

Am I missing anything?

Well my list is finally complete... I think. I have a 6.5x284 CBI 28" bull barrel, NSS barrel nut and recoil lug, varmint trigger spring, a Choate Tactical stock, and devcon bedding compound. I have an EGW 20MOA base and Burris Sig Zee rings mounting a Sightron Siii 8-32x56 scope. I also picked up an action wrench, barrel nut wrench, and go no-go gauges to do the build myself.

Total Rifle and tools w/ out cost of my old 30-06 model 111 = $1440

As for the list of everything else...:

Wilson hand dies, VLD stem and bushings for dies, Lee Challenger Reloading kit (full length re-sizing when needed), Hornady powder trickler, lee case trimmer tool, Hornady OAL Gauge W/ modified case, loading block, MTM Ammo Case, Lyman VLD chamfer tool and primer uniformer, 21st Century flash hole uniformer, comparator and base, digital caliper, Beta Shooting Chrony, infrared thermometer, barometer, Lapua brass, Hodgdon H4831SC, Winchester primers (all I can find at the moment), Berger 140gr VLD Hunting bullets, and a Berger reloading manual.

Total for everything else = $886

I have researched everything for about a year finding out what I wanted and how I had to go about obtaining my end results.

Am I missing anything blatantly obvious besides a bi-pod (still have to decide on Atlas or no Atlas)? I am still in Australia, and travel back to the states in 7 weeks to piece it all together. I am just hoping I am not missing anything important to put this whole thing together and shoot some rounds when I get home.

Ryan

stangfish
    RCBS Chargemaster. You might as well make it $1150

Williarj87
    hahaha baby steps stangfish... although It was in my original budget. It will get back in there eventually

davemuzz
    You may.....just may want to consider picking up a small batch of CCI primers. I recently changed from Win primers to CCI for my 6.5x55 Swede and my groups shrank at 200 yards. Yes....if I didn't test fire it another two times I would have called it a fluke.....but alas....it was true. OTOH...that was my gun....my barrel....that caliber....using RL22. Your results could be different.

And BTW....I do in fact have and use the RCBS Chargemaster. It is a really awesome piece of equipment. Well....coming from a balance beam scale....it's like going from a horse\buggy to a Corvette.

Dave

Williarj87
    Dave,
    I am hoping between now and the time I get back, I will find some CCI #200's or some BR2's. I figured with the hard to get component crisis I wanted a backup plan, as everywhere I look both CCI's and Federal Match 210's are sold out. But thank you for the advice and I am definitely still not giving up on locating some!

Basic Member
    Don't think you will need the bedding compound. Unless you dremmel away the aluminum block there is no space to bed.