I just purchased a Savage 10FP DBM rifle with the new Choate tactical stock. I have been wanting to put together a tactical DBM rifle for awhile. It is a .308 but eventually I will screw on a .260 ackley barrel. I will use a 20 moa Ken Farrel base and burris signature Z-rings with inserts. I want target type turrets, a mil-dot reticle and at least 3.5" of eye relief. It will be used for longrange target shooting (perhaps f-class shooting) and hunting. If money was not a concern I would simply buy a Nightforce, Mark 4 or a Zeiss and be done with it, but with 2 kids yet to go to college I cannot bring myself to do it. I really hate to go over the mid-$500 range, but I think I can fill my needs and keep within that budget.

I prefer to dial in the range and use the mils for windage hold-offs. So I need accurate, repeatable elevation adjustments.

I am thinking of the following:

On the lower end side,
3200 5-15 tactical (50 moa and 4" of eye relief) but smaller field of view over other scopes in that power range.

4.5 - 14 Weaver tactical (I think it is the exact same scope as the 3200 but has only 3-3.5" of eye relief but a wider field of view. It might have a different tracking system (Weaver has been known to have good tracking).

4.5 -14 or 6-18 Buckmasters with mil-dot. The 6-18 has target turrets but not a big fan of 1/8" adjustments. I think these are only 40 moa or less range of adjustment.

Perhaps a Vortex but I don't like their short eye relief.

A little higher price:

Sightron Big Sky II 4.5 X 14 with side AO, 80 moa 1/4 adjustment and 20 minutes per revolution.

Sightron Big Sky 6.5 X 20 with side AO. 60 moa, 1/4 adjustment and 20 minutes per revolution. Only concern here is smaller field of view.

Big Sky 4-16 mil-dot but has 1/8" adjustmernt only 10 minutes per revolution but does have 80 moa adjustment and is cheaper than the above Sightron scopes.

I have a Nikon Monarch 4-16 mil-dot now and I could get target turrets for it but it is only 40 moa and to be honest my Burris Fullfield II 4.5-14 is much clearer side by side. So I am not overly impressed. I have one of the very first New Monarch's to be delivered so maybe the later ones are better. My old 6.5-20 Monarch UCC with ILL mil- dot is also a better scope but are hard to find since they quit making them.

Any thoughts or suggestions?