Thread: Contact name at Sinclair

Bark

Contact name at Sinclair

Would appreciate hearing if any of you have experience with anyone at Sinclair that impressed you with their knowledge and customer service.I will be purchasing a lot of gear over the next few months to replace equip. which has gone down the road to buddies during the last few years.I prefer to deal with one guy and it looks like Sinclair will be able to supply almost all of what I need.If you've got a good guy there I'd appreciate the contact name.Thanks. Old Grumpy Bark

Re: Contact name at Sinclair

no name in particular, just took who ever was at the walk in counter and got very good service and helpful knowlege. was having 6br rem/norma issues.
    .223 Rem AI, .22-250 AI, .220 Swift AI .243 Win AI, .6mm Rem AI, .257 Rob AI, .25-06 AI, 6.5x300wsm .30-06 AI, .270 STW, 7mm STW, 28 nosler, .416 Taylor

I've ordered quite a bit from them on line. I like their products and fast shipping.
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67

Most of my business has been through their website. I've only ever called them once, when I had a problem with a .224 neck turning mandrel (it wouldn't fit in the tool, the shank was oversized). The guy I talked to on the phone was extremely knowledgeable, and very helpful. He didn't hesitate to just send me out a new mandrel, no hassles or questions asked. He didn't even want the bad one back.
    12F, McGowen 6.5x284 1-8&quot; twist, Nightforce 12-42x BR<br />BVSS, McGowen barrel, 22-250 1-9&quot; twist, Nikon 6-18x<br />16 FHLSS Weather Warrior, Sinarms 257 Roberts, Pentax 3-9<br />Stevens 200, 223 bone-factory-stock, Nikon 3-9x<br />Scratch-built BVSS, LW 243 1-8&quot; twist, Viper 6.5-20x50 mil-dot

chestsprings

I have ordered quite a few things from them over the last 15+ yrs.

had various people take my orders, & they all seemed very knowledgeable. never had any one who wasn&#39;t helpful.

so no one sticks out in my mind.

really think whom ever you get , you&#39;ll be pleased with there service.

82boy

I have shot matches with a lot of the guys that work there. I can say that they are all knowledgeable, friendly, great people to deal with. I believe they all shoot some sort of competition. Fred Sinclair encouraged his staff to shoot , and know the business. You cant go wrong with any of them. In the last couple of years they have been bought out by Brownell&#39;s, but the staff remained, and I have seen no difference in service.

Bark

Thanks for all the replys.Yep,Sinclair is looking good.I&#39;m looking at a few of their branded products and will give them a try and report back.Haven&#39;t been in a position to handload for about 5 years and during the layoff loaned out the lyons share of my equipment to shooting buddies that could use the gear.I just don&#39;t have the heart to ask for it back for the most part so I&#39;m just going to round up what I&#39;m missing to really take my loading up a big notch in precision.Used to just load SAMMI and blaze away.Did get my &#39;67 A2 back and moved the RS5 over to my buddy-he just pushes 45LC together and actually liked the RS5 better that the old heavy pea green A model ;D.Man did I miss that A2,got my old 5-10 back too.Two of the absolute best piecies of gear I&#39;ve ever encountered.Happy camper. Old Grumpy Bark

Joe O

All of them are great.I have done bussiness with Ron,Bob,and Phil ,numerous times,with tech questions,and orders.You will be pleased with any of them.

DennisH87

do you do buisness through the phone or atcually stop in at the sales counter in new haven, IN? i work a stones throw away from there and all the guys are pretty knowlegable. I always liked dealing with larry but he doesn&#39;t work at the sales counter anymore. there&#39;s a younger guy in there now that knows his stuff but can be a little long winded at times. either way they&#39;ll be able to hook you up and tell you what you need to know. i&#39;ve never hade a bad experience with them!

max

I was talking to them yesterday, and I thought they said that Brownell&#39;s was moving the operation to Montezuma.

82boy

Quote Originally Posted by max
    I was talking to them yesterday, and I thought they said that Brownell&#39;s was moving the operation to Montezuma.
    That rumor has been floating around since Brownell&#39;s has bought Sinclair&#39;s. The problem is when Brownell&#39;s bought Sinclair&#39;s, they also bought their knowledge, which is their people. The problem is Brownell&#39;s people completely lack knowledge of benchrest shooting, which is 90% of the Sinclair business. What I was told when the merger happened was, that the reason why Sinclair&#39;s agreed to sell the business, was to gain the financial backing of Brownell&#39;s to fund projects, and research and development of new products, that Sinclair&#39;s could not do. The two company&#39;s are still separate operations. I was told that Fred Sinclair was still the CEO of Sinclair&#39;s. Brownell&#39;s wanted the company so that they could expand, and better compete with their rivals Midway.

I do know there has been changes since Brownell&#39;s has taken over. At one time there was talk that they was going to close the walk in sales counter, this did not happen but the hours have been changed. I have been told that Sinclair&#39;s was no longer going to set up their tent at the Kelby Firearms international super shoot.

Not to say that Brownell&#39;s couldn&#39;t move the operations but they would stand to loose a lot. Sinclair&#39;s is not a big operation, but the people is what makes Sinclair&#39;s so great. I have been told that where Brownell&#39;s is located is out in BFE, and that their is no civilization for miles around. This is not a good selling feature to get knowledgeable staff to up root from a large city.

Something else with Sinclair&#39;s staff they are tech advisor&#39;s for a couple of well known company&#39;s, believe it or not, when you call a few well known company&#39;s and ask for tech service, they actually connect you to someone at Sinclair&#39;s. They do not answer the phone with the Sinclair&#39;s name, but that is where the call is routed. They do this because they get expert advise, without hiring there own experts. I think this goes to show the caliber of people working at Sinclair&#39;s, and why they would loose a lot from moving the operation.