Thread: When is the Savage 338 LM supposed to ship?

Don - LongRangeSupply

When is the Savage 338 LM supposed to ship?

Looks like a real winner. Street price should be around $1700 once they have a bunch in the channel. I doubt I could build one like it for that much with a similar chasis, brake and stock.

Have heard of 1/2 MOA groups at 300 with factory match ammo!

steveinwv

Re: When is the Savage 338 LM supposed to ship?

I'd be surprised if they are ever that cheap. The new Shooting Times (I think that was the mag I read) averaged a tad over 1MOA @ 300yds with a best group of 2-7/8" and a worst near 4-1/2". Maybe it will do better as I have never seen anyone at Shooting Times pull a decent group in a test.

pa hog

They won't be that cheap due to the extra machining steps used in the action to true it up after heat treating. I'd expect $2100.00ish

Don - LongRangeSupply

Retail and Dealer prices are already established. Retail is $2367

Dealers will be making quite decent money at $2000, more than avg. profit on a new rifle at $1799 but I doubt you will see that price for quite a while at the retail level. If demand is high, be prepared to pay $2200 - or even full list to get one of the first ones out. The local gun shop here said they can get me one for quite a but under $1700 for the rifle, plus shipping and tax once they are actually shipping from Savage

steveinwv

If they ever sell for quite a bit under $1700 I will buy one myself.

hitman49

The best dealer price that I have seen is a little over $1600 so far but no one has any. My guess is that for a while you are going to be paying close to retail because of the demand. After its been around a while it will drop off and be closer to the $1700 area. If you can get one at a local shop your probably going to be doing pretty good as most distributors have them promised to the big box places first. A good place to look for one would be Buds. They move a lot of stock and they tend to have very good prices for the most part.