Thread: 40 MOA Mount

seon97

40 MOA Mount

I have a savage 111 lrh 338lm. I am looking for a 40 moa mount or possible even a 30. Any suggestions on a manufacturer? I think the 30 would provide me with a 200 yrd zero with scope adjustment out to 1700yrds. If any one has any knowledge or experience on the matter it would be greatly appreciated. I have a sightron SIIIss 8x32-54 m-rad scope. I am want the best of both worlds LOL. Be able to shoot from 100 yds to over a mile.
    Thanks Monty

Basic Member
    egw would make any taper you want. it would be unusual to need that much taper but not unheard of either.
    you should have enough to get that little lapua to a mile with a 20 minit taper lol. but then my son had to go to a
    40 on his 338x378 with a vortex viper. when he zeroed at 100 he only had enough to get to about 1150 without
    using the reticle milldots. but its a saco action with the mounting rail built in so im sure that was the issue in his case.
    have you made a chart telling you how much elevation you will need? id be doing that and also installing it on a standard
    base and zeroing the gun at 100.
    that will tell you how much is left on the upside in the scope itself. then you can decide how much you will need by way of taper
    on the base. id have as little taper as possible as otherwise you might need higher rings.
    im curious what you will be using as a target? natural targets like rocks or targets you can walk up to and see your results?
    natural targets will pose a different approach as you most likely wont be seeing your own hits at that distance.
    a spotter with very good tripod mounted optics would pretty much be a requirment.

Basic Member
    20 moa base and Burris signature rings with the 20 degree inserts.

Basic Member
    that would be an option as opposed to a 40 min base. could use 0 deg. or 10 deg also.
    id personaly still want to know what the scope had left without the taper. but starting with 20 deg
    and using the inserts would be a good way to go also.

RiverSink
    Try Ken Farrell, SAV-RTL-1-40 $118.94