Thread: after market stocks

Ech110

after market stocks

Hey everybody, looking for a little guidance here. My wonderful lady bought a Savage 111 .30-06 center feed rifle for me for Christmas. needless to say she rocks. But I would like some input on choosing an after market stock for it. From what I can find there doesn't seem to be many, but before i give up I figured I ask.

Thanks in advance for your guys help.

acasto

Re: after market stocks

What kind of stock are you looking for? I bought a thumbhole from Stockys amd like it quite well. Have a Choate Tactical on my 308 and have made it into a keeper. Bought an A5 from Joel Russo and it is my favorite. Some folks have high praises for the B&C Medalist, but I have never handled one myself.
    Do you think she would buy me a rifle next Christmas? ;D

Ech110

I guess anything with more weight behind it. I'm not a hunter, just a man that likes shooting. I typically shoot 100-200 yards. A stock with a raise cheek rest and wider forend would be great. Like I said, I found plenty of stocks but they all say for the Savage 110. Will they fit my 111?

Never hurts to ask her!

McKinneyMike

+100 for Joel Russo stocks! He is a great guy to work with as well. I am having him make me a stock with a custom blank that I made up of figured Bubinga and figured Anigre. I can not wait to see this one. he does great work too :) Thinking of having him make me another one as soon as this one is done for my latest build. Only if I were made of money!
    Russo Rifle Stocks http://russoriflestocks.com/

fatdaddy

Any stock that will fit a long action will work. All the 110,111,112 ect.. will work as long as its a long action. And the bolt is the same, as in right hand-left hand... Bill

McKinneyMike

You are limited right now with the new Savage center feed actions. I guess it takes the aftermarket guys a little while to justify adding a new line in these economic conditions. It will happen sooner than later though as Savage is kickin' tail in the centerfire market these days ;D

ECH110 to answer your question yes the 110 stock will fit your 111 and the 112,114,116 all long actions measure out the same. Now if you want a factory laminate look on numrich gun parts under "factory stocks" they had some adj.cheek target stocks and regular laminate might of had a thumbhole also, all at real good prices. Stocks right from savage so they are drop in fit and should have the factory pillars installed
    FROGGY
    See profile for fire arms
    Do it today there maybe no tomorrow

Ech110

So the magazine doesn't matter then? I was under the impression that the 110 were stagger fed mags as opposed to my center feed.

Just want to thank you guys for helping me out. really appreciate it.