Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pay for classifieds, really!

Basic Member

I apologize if I was sounding snotty. Just trying to make a point, not really trying to be a smart***

You could shoot in the monthly email match. If you are ahead at the end of the year I'll pay for your yearly membership.

It's worth the $15 anyway. They were giving away free beer...yesterday.
    "Muzzle velocity is a depreciating asset, not unlike a new car, but BC, like diamonds, is forever."-German A. Salazar

Jack Rustle
    Quote Originally Posted by keeki View Post
    Guess it doesn't really matter. If ya cant afford $15, you won't be buying much anyways
    kinda what I am thinking...free stuff is ok but sometimes you have to pay for the good stuff

Every other site also has its own set of rules. This rule is one of ours, and will continue to be one. Just like all the other sites you visit, you either take it or leave it.

I visit other gun sites as well, and buy and sell at times as well, but I will only buy from someone who I have known as a regular on that forum. Ive let alot of good deals go by just cause I didnt know the guy. But on this site you do not need to worry about that because they have made the commitment to become a paid member. Think of it as an insurance policy.

Now you know the rules and why they are the way they are. No need to continue complaining about them.
    ”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
    ~Clint Eastwood

Basic Member
    Ok now i get to see WHAT IM MISSING!

Congrats and welcome home!
    YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID !

Jack Rustle
    Hope you likes it here, I was unpaid until I needed some stuff, paid my money and never looked back...enjoy...there are some wacko's here but mostly all for fun...

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by emmagator View Post
    Ok now i get to see WHAT IM MISSING!
    Hey, guys!!!!! Look who joined the party!!!!!

Welcome to the brotherhood, emmagator! Got anything you wanna sell cheap?

rgburrill
    Guess it doesn't really matter. If ya cant afford $15, you won't be buying much anyways
    It's a matter of principle. As the OP stated, and I have said several times, this is the only site I have been to that does this. Every one else charges the seller a fee.
    However, one other thing that distimguishes most Savage owners from others is that they will buy the cheapest gun they can (Axis) and spend hundreds, if not thousands, upgrading it. Most people on this site are not happy with a stock weapon.

Don't know about that. My Savage Light Weight Hunter was definitely not cheap...didn't change a thing. On the other hand my 243 Axis shot as good out of the box as the more expensive Savage LWH. What's not to like about that? I am happy with most all the Savage rifles I have purchased over the years. I upgrade some to be even more happy.

davemuzz
    I've been paying the fee for a few years now.....but Frank didn't tell me that got me out of singing Cum-by-ya. I had to practice that for over an hour....then record it, then post it to youtube...then Frank had to approve it. Heeyyyyyy.....I'm thinking Frank was pulling a fast one on me?

Welcome to the inner sanctum...
    Ed Bell, PA Deer Hunter & NRA Life Member ~ “The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.”~

No, I think your missing the point. We (the paid members) like it like this. We don't want people just dropping by to sell something or buy something. The members here trust each other and in 4yrs I've zero problems. No crooks, scammers, people with 5 different screen names or bad mouthing someone else's post.
    100% agree. And there is no name calling and attacks on people for their choice of what they may or may not like to do. The worst one I have ever seen is Mud Motor Talk. Ask a question on there and you will get 20 responses of people just telling to sell what you have and the "best" one like they have. Very little help.

Savage Shooters Forum is a great place.

Sheldon
    Remember. here it is PAY TO PLAY . . .

Works for me

Sheldon

Basic Member
    Right where I Always Need To Be. Usually...
    Quote Originally Posted by davemuzz View Post
    I've been paying the fee for a few years now.....but Frank didn't tell me that got me out of singing Cum-by-ya. I had to practice that for over an hour....then record it, then post it to youtube...then Frank had to approve it. Heeyyyyyy.....I'm thinking Frank was pulling a fast one on me?
    Now, would I do that to you Dave?....
    'Scuse me while I whip this out...!

davemuzz
    Quote Originally Posted by fgw_in_fla View Post
    Now, would I do that to you Dave?....
    After being on this forum for some time, Frank is truly an honest and upstanding guy. But he will yank your chain every chance he gets!! All in good fun though.

rgburrill
    Quote Originally Posted by pdog06 View Post
    Every other site also has its own set of rules. This rule is one of ours, and will continue to be one. Just like all the other sites you visit, you either take it or leave it.

I visit other gun sites as well, and buy and sell at times as well, but I will only buy from someone who I have known as a regular on that forum. Ive let alot of good deals go by just cause I didnt know the guy. But on this site you do not need to worry about that because they have made the commitment to become a paid member. Think of it as an insurance policy.

Now you know the rules and why they are the way they are. No need to continue complaining about them.
    Really, you think $15 will stop some dishonest person from joining your site just to rip someone off. Heck if everyone had your attitude you would be the easiest targets of all.

Quote Originally Posted by rgburrill View Post
    Really, you think $15 will stop some dishonest person from joining your site just to rip someone off. Heck if everyone had your attitude you would be the easiest targets of all.

"Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

davemuzz
    What? You mean that $15,000 I just paid Frank for a moderately used bolt for my 110 was a little over priced? Frank told me it was such a great deal that I should tell absolutely no one that I bought from him!! He said "Don't even think of posting it on the forum, or I may get tossed off for doing such a deal!!"

Basic Member
    Right where I Always Need To Be. Usually...
    You still owe me $25.

That's the last time I let you slide on a deal.

Edit - Did you get the gold plated or solid gold? I forget which one I screwed you...er, I mean sold to you.
    Last edited by fgw_in_fla; 10-21-2013 at 05:30 PM.
    'Scuse me while I whip this out...!

Basic Member
    I cannot believe anyone is that upset over $15. I doubt anyone's gonna change the rules or if anyone even wants to change the rule, so why keep complaining? You don't have to pay for a membership to join in and ask questions or share knowledge. People on here will treat you no different whether you pay or not.

Jim I sure hope that horse is dead. If PETA ever saw that....well I just don't know what would happen.

Basic Member
    What I think of this thread...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z4m4lnjxkY
    They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

davemuzz
    Quote Originally Posted by fgw_in_fla View Post
    You still owe me $25.

That's the last time I let you slide on a deal.

Edit - Did you get the gold plated or solid gold? I forget which one I screwed you...er, I mean sold to you.
    Frank.....you told me that silver was platinum. Oh man....and I've been saving all of the chips that keep falling off of it.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by rgburrill View Post
    Well, it has for many years.

If you havent paid and seen the benefit then dont doubt what we are saying. If youre so happy with dealing on the other sites then that is just fine. More deals for us on here then. Paying is definately not for everyone, But if youre happy with the other sites dont complain about the rules here cause they arent gonna change just cause a couple people wanna cry about it.
    Last edited by J.Baker; 10-22-2013 at 07:37 AM. Reason: Didn't need that additional fuel on the fire
    ”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
    ~Clint Eastwood

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast