Today I went to the range to try out a couple of new bullets for my Axis and also to collect some brass for my new 300 win mag (re)build. Since our recent discussion about hunting bullets piqued my interest in finding a good hunting round, I decided to try two new-for-me bullet reloads.

First up was Nosler Ballistic SilverTip 150. Brass was new lapua and charged with RL 15. Bullets were seated .01 off lands and finished with a Lee factory crimp. When I got to the range, try as I might I couldn't remember exactly how to do either the ladder or OCW tests (duh) so I had to settle for 3-shot groups at 100 yds. Still fun, here are the loads I tested for the Nosler bullets (the 42.3 one-holer looks fairly promising):

Another new bullet I had heard about was the Barnes LRX so I bought some of the 175's. When it came time to load I found that no reload data exists--maybe Barnes is waiting for users to test for them?? Anyway I googled and found in the infinite wisdom of the net that using the TTSX 180 data would do--and so that's how I went. The 40 gr looks like a good starting point.