Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Accu trigger

Basic Member

Accu trigger

How simple is it to install an accu trigger in an axis and what is involved with the install?

thomae
    For me it was easy. I think it is simple, if you have the correct tools. However, I don't know your level of comfort with tools, modifying things, etc...
    Below is a link to an article I wrote about it.
    I used a grinder, but you could use a file and it would not take too much longer.
    Please let me know if you have any questions.
    http://www.savageshooters.com/conten...age-Axis-rifle

Basic Member
    Will Savage sell you an Accutrigger? How much does it cost compared to a Timney?

Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    Will Savage sell you an Accutrigger? How much does it cost compared to a Timney?
    No they won't.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

97impreza43
    its very simple. I did 2 of them in about 30 min with a dremal tool. set at 2lbs on my 223 and girlfriends 270 is set at 2.5lbs

Basic Member
    i have pictures of what to do if you want me to upload them there is only one place you have to grind.

spleify
    Quote Originally Posted by jalmeter29 View Post
    i have pictures of what to do if you want me to upload them there is only one place you have to grind.
    Yes please

Basic Member
    I will try to get a picture of it tonight.

Basic Member
    Because the AccuTrigger has a thicker profile then the stock axis trigger it needs to be ground down a little to fit.

stock-->

AccuTrigger -->

You can see all that needs to be done is remove some material form the AccuTrigger so that the spring can sit low enough to fit.

I grounded down just the green part here-->

Only other thing I did is set the safety so the trigger will not pull when the safety is engaged. In my case the AccuTrigger safety set screw was to long so i had to back it out a few thousands. In my case i just garbed a file and shaved it down a little so I wouldn't have to brake the yellow glue stuff off.

Safety set screw-->

Do at your own risk. Do not attempt if you don't know exactly whats going on.

Let me know if you have any questions. And sorry it took so long to get these up.
    Last edited by jalmeter29; 12-15-2013 at 11:44 PM.

out west
    How much and where can you purchase an Accu-trigger from?

dxjxrose
    from people that have replaced them... savage doesnt sell them outright

Basic Member
    Look for people that have replaced theirs and make them an offer.

dxjxrose
    yup got mine for 15 bux that way

Basic Member
    Call Fred, he probably has a pile of them.

japollner
    Quote Originally Posted by tomme boy View Post
    Call Fred, he probably has a pile of them.
    Who is this Fred person...

I have been keeping my eyes peeled to no avail.

Fred Moreo, owner of Sharp Shooter Supply, a site sponsor and arguably the most knowledgeable Savage guru on this forum.

Basic Member
    I did that mod like in reply#9 on my model 14 to be able to turn the tension down lighter. I do like the compression sear spring on the Axis better than the 110 type actions.

Forever draggin
    Quote Originally Posted by jalmeter29 View Post
    Because the AccuTrigger has a thicker profile then the stock axis trigger it needs to be ground down a little to fit.

stock-->

AccuTrigger -->

You can see all that needs to be done is remove some material form the AccuTrigger so that the spring can sit low enough to fit.

I grounded down just the green part here-->

Only other thing I did is set the safety so the trigger will not pull when the safety is engaged. In my case the AccuTrigger safety set screw was to long so i had to back it out a few thousands. In my case i just garbed a file and shaved it down a little so I wouldn't have to brake the yellow glue stuff off.

Safety set screw-->

Do at your own risk. Do not attempt if you don't know exactly whats going on.

Let me know if you have any questions. And sorry it took so long to get these up.
    I just wanted to say thanks for such a great post. Using your post I was able to buy an accutrigger, modify it and put it into my axis! Btw I love it! This thread should really be a sticky. Thanks

thomae
    Take a look at the third article in the Gunsmithing section of the articles. It's there.

http://www.savageshooters.com/conten...age-Axis-rifle

lotusboyrulz
    If you were to get a newer precision trigger would you have to do any grinding ??

thomae
    If it has the same wide area that the standard accutrigger has, then yes, you would.

Forever draggin
    For those with an accutrigger on an axis, are you using the axis spring on the accutrigger? My accutrigger that I put on the axis seems really heavy and I turned the spring ccw til it's maxed out

Basic Member
    I use the accutrigger spring but have the rear part of the trigger ground down fore more Clarence. See the pictures at the beginning of this thread

lotusboyrulz
    SSS does not sell any accutrigers.

little squirt
    So, is there a place or person here to contact for a trigger? I just picked up my .308 axis today and looking to do this mod first. Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast