Thread: Model 114 CL LTD

Model 114 CL LTD

Does someone know how many years Savage made their model 114 CL LTD rifles and which calibers it came in? I bought one and really like the oil finished stocked, I'm still not sure about the hinged floor plate. I have put a 257 Weatherby 26" barrel on and I'm putting several coats of Tru-oil on the stock after bedding it. Can not wait to shoot it, I have always wanted a 257 Weatherby. Thanks for any input.

What's CL? The only 14/114's Savage has offered in recent years are the American Classic, the Euro Classic, and the Classic so I'm guessing you're referring to the latter.

As for when they were made...

American Classic = 2005 to present
    American Classic SS = 2011 to present
    Classic = 2006 to 2011
    Euro Classic = 2006 to 2010

The only "Limited Edition" one was the 50th Anniversary model in 2008 that had the gawd-awful ugly gold inlay engraving.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

It is a 114 CL LTD, I went to Savages parts site and punched in the serial number and it verified that type. I understand it was only made in 300 Win Mag and 375 H&H, but I don't know that for sure.