Thread: 300 whisper/blackout/wtf

TheAlmightyBob

300 whisper/blackout/wtf

Hey guys, I have a question for you. Do any of you use the mentioned round and if so, do you use it in multiple platforms? I started with a whisper in an AR, and did up some great loads for it but now that I also have a bolt gun in blackout, Im finding that the pressure is too much on the light super sonic rounds. Not super high pressure, but just enough to show on a primer. Im going out tomorrow with a chrony to do some testing for exact results, but I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this.

helotaxi
    It's "showing" on the primer as low pressure I'd venture a guess...unless you're using .300BLK trim length and a .300 Whisper chamber. The chamber is shorter on the Whisper and using BLK spec loads can run the mouth of the case into the front of the chamber crimping the brass into the bullet and not allowing it to release.

What exactly are you seeing on the primer? Unless you're loading a super fast powder, pressure isn't much of an issue on the BLK.

KRP
    Primers, by themselves, aren't good indicators of pressure. Are you seeing other pressure signs(sticky extraction, case head expansion, ejector marks, etc.)?

Basic Member
    I ran into a problem on one of my L-C brass cases that was reformed into 300wtf, I had evidently overswaged the primer pocket& popped the primer on that case.
    Whenever the legislators endeavor to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people, who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience