Thread: Burris Zee Rings for Picatinny base

Basic Member

Burris Zee Rings for Picatinny base

Just a quick question guys. I see a lot of recommendations for people to use the EGW base and the Burris Signature Zee Rings. I have been shopping for this combo since my normal talley 2 piece bases were too far apart for my long action.

None of the Zee rings I find online are for weaver bases instead of picatinny. I know this might be a stupid question but are they one and the same or is my lack of internet searching skills showing. I have never used anything but Talley mounts.

The scope I am mounting is a Zeiss HD5 5x25x50 with a 1" tube and 59.4mm objective diameter. Any help in this would be greatly appreciated.

They are not quite the same, but the Burris Zee's work very well with either one.

My preference is to use the inserts with the Signature Zee's on top of Burris XTB's with the reversible front. Give you plenty of room for long scopes on long actions. I like that they are steel, and much cheaper than the EGW.
    "Muzzle velocity is a depreciating asset, not unlike a new car, but BC, like diamonds, is forever."-German A. Salazar

Williarj87
    From what I have read, Burris Signature rings are for picatinny style, and Burris Signature Zee's are weaver. That being said, Weaver rings will fit on a picatinny rail, but picatinny style rings might not be able to fit on a weaver style base. I have the Burris Signature Zee's (weaver) and they fit on my EGW 20MOA base just fine.

Yep the siganture zees is what you want. Mediums and the EGW base with 50mm objective scopes work out nicely.