Thread: trophy hunter xp model 10

Basic Member

Arrow trophy hunter xp model 10

New to savage rifles,got this one in 308 , for the guys that shoot one how do you like them?

Basic Member
    Since no one will bite here is what I think,gun will shoot the lights out great trigger system.But not to crazy about the plastic in this rifle.

Savage's synthetic stocks have always been their Achilles heal. Even the AccuStock leaves a lot to be desired in my opinion, but it is an improvement over the standard.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    The barreled action is real nice, same as said above the stocks leave some to be desired but I guess at that price point that's what your going to get. I am going to buy one this winter in 308 and cut the barrel to 16" and put it in a boyds tacticool. Its gonna be my truck gun.

Team Savage
    Nothing wrong with the Savage TH XP as a starter Savage action to upgrade or build upon as time and money permit. Order a varmint Accutrigger spring from Northland Shooters Supply for a lighter adjustable trigger pull ($3 to $5). Upgrade the factory tupperware stock to one of the aftermarket stocks with CF DBM cut-out from Boyd's (laminate/walnut), or composite Stockade Gunstocks ($100 - $300). I usually sell the Nikon Prostaff BDC as a new take-off on Ebay to get the most value ($100). I've learned not to trust entry level package scopes and not to waste time and ammo trying to get them sighted in and to hold zero. I also don't like all the clutter with the Nikon BDC reticle. Your Savage factory barrel in .308 will usually shoot 1/2" to 1" groups @ 100 yd with reloads and factory match ammo. A custom barrel will not necessarily shoot any bette than a Savage factory, but usually cleans up a lot quicker in my experience.