Thread: What does "savage 10 &....

mazda3gun

What does "savage 10 &....

110 E and S" mean? I'm seeing it on CTD's site while looking for 1 piece bases for my 110 and not sure what means. Call me stupid if it's something obvious.

Luke45
    Is the back part of your reciever round or flat? As far as I know that's all you need to know for scope bases, when you buy bases it will specify on packaging if it's for a Flat receiver or round receiver. Weaver makes a good one piece for flat recievers and redfeild make a good rail for the round ones

Yup, all you need to know for 2pc bases is Flat or Round rear receiver. If you are buying a 1pc mount, then you also need to know long or short action.
    204, 22 K-Hornet, 222, 223, 22-250, 22-250AI, 6BR, 243, 243AI, 6-06, 6-WSM, 250-3000AI, 270, 7-08, 7RM, 30BR, 308, 30-06, 375 H&H, 444 Marlin, 450BM, 458WM

mazda3gun
    It's a round front/rear and a long action. Looked at FAQ's page and got the action info from there, very helpful!

mazda3gun
    FOUND IT!!!! CTD came through again for me! And I have about 8 bucks left on a gift card from Christmas so it'll knock price down to about $20 plus shipping. It's a Weaver brand extended multi slot base that should be perfect for the shorter tube of the Nikon scope and also keep me from getting a black eye.

Cycler
    Quote Originally Posted by mazda3gun View Post
    It's a Weaver brand extended multi slot base that should be perfect for the shorter tube of the Nikon scope and also keep me from getting a black eye.
    I had one of those on a short action .243 and it works well. The only "problem" is it sits very low over the loading/ejection port and doesn't leave much room for your fingers to load the cartridges if you have a blind or hinged floor plate magazine. For a DBM, it will not be an issue.

mazda3gun
    I like the fact you said it sits really low!!!! I want as little MOA increase as possible as this is a hunting/plinking rig. Not planning on doing any comp shooting with it. But, yes, it's a pain to load the rounds as it is with the internal mag. I need to get familiar with all the mag-related terms.... I just call it what it is, an internal magazine HAHA! Can't be removed, isn't hinged, you have to take the barrel/action off the stock to get it out.
    But, back on topic.
    So, we don't know what the letters E and S meant in respect to what I was seeing? Oh well, I made a match and hopefully it works out. Then you all can look for my thread in Picture Post and feast your eyes on this beauty!