Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: AXIS and EDGE pics

conorem1

Quote Originally Posted by jalmeter29 View Post
    Yeah both axis 223 and 243. Factory barrel. Boyds tacticool on 223, Prairie hunter on 243. Acutrigger on 223. Booth with ss10x42 scopes. Booth pillar and glass bedded. Some minor trigger work done to the factory trigger on 243.

223 likes the 53v-max 3175fps 26.5gn varget. 243 likes 87gr vmax I think he's using h4841
    How do you like the tacticool stock? I was looking at getting one

Basic Member
    I love it! Not nuts about the texture at first its defiantly a functional stock. Grate prone. Good offhand. Awesome fit. Super stiff forend. I have it free floated and can't even squeeze the barrel into the stock to make it touch.

conorem1
    Quote Originally Posted by jalmeter29 View Post
    I love it! Not nuts about the texture at first its defiantly a functional stock. Grate prone. Good offhand. Awesome fit. Super stiff forend. I have it free floated and can't even squeeze the barrel into the stock to make it touch.
    I'm probably going to order it when I get payed Friday then. I was on the fence because of the name lol, people throw that word around way too much.

04silvy
    Quote Originally Posted by conorem1 View Post
    I'm probably going to order it when I get payed Friday then. I was on the fence because of the name lol, people throw that word around way too much.
    That's honestly a part I liked about it. They are kind of poking fun at the whole tactical craze by calling it tacticool. But in reality it Is a very nice stock that looks good and feels 100x better in your hands than the factory Tupperware.

conorem1
    Quote Originally Posted by 04silvy View Post
    That's honestly a part I liked about it. They are kind of poking fun at the whole tactical craze by calling it tacticool. But in reality it Is a very nice stock that looks good and feels 100x better in your hands than the factory Tupperware.
    I like the fact it has the double swivel mounts, it would be nice to not have to choose between a bi pod or a sling. Plus I can't really say I'm a fan of the factory stock but that's definitely one of the better looking ones for sure.

The Tacticool was originally designed for rimfires, I believe, which would have sort of stretched the definition of "tactical". Still, it does have a lot of nice features, even if it's missing some of the srs bzns elements of what might be considered actual tactual stocks.

Axis .308
    Boyds Tacticool Stock
    EGW 0 moa base
    XTR Med Rings
    BSA 4-14x44 FFP scope in the this pic, currently wearing an SWFA SS 16x42

conorem1

SThomas3791
    My Axis, nothing special but I like it

.308 win
    Bushnell Trophy XLT 3-9x40
    Butler Creek Flip Open Scope Covers
    Butler Creek Ultra Sling
    Hornady American Whitetail .308win 150gr Interlock SP

Last edited by SThomas3791; 05-23-2014 at 03:30 PM.

Scoped.22
    [IMG]
    My new Axis .308 sitting next to my .22

phantom_geo
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsricmo View Post

Just picked it up today!
    Savage Axis Camo chambered in 30-06 Sprg
    Centerpoint 4-16x40 Scope (Probably going to be switched out)

I have been talking to: Jim at Apache Gunworks for a 20" Threaded Medium Bull Barrel; Frank, for (2) 10 round, Long Action Axis Magazines; and Boyds I have been looking at either a Tacticool Stock or Classic in Nutmeg... Maybe you fellas can help me out there on which stock to go with! I hope this goes better than my Stevens build because that sucked and I ended up selling it haha So far both, Jim and Frank, have been excellent to talk to and I can't wait to actually place my orders with both of them and get this ball rolling!

Rick
    I have 30-06 Axis with the same scope......Going to keep it for now. Took it out the other day and it worked pretty good. Held zero with apparently no problems. Using mine for deer hunting and I am sure it will do the job after shooting about 12 rounds it still holding on.. Just can't beat the price point.

04silvy
    Made a knob out of some scraps I found in my toolbox at work. Came out pretty decent for $0 ...and works great! No more pinched fingers between scope and bolt handle.

Basic Member
    Here is my model 12 LRP, I haven't got to shoot it much yet,but it's very sweet.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SThomas3791 View Post
    My Axis, nothing special but I like it

.308 win
    Bushnell Trophy XLT 3-9x40
    Butler Creek Flip Open Scope Covers
    Butler Creek Ultra Sling
    Hornady American Whitetail .308win 150gr Interlock SP

That paint job looks great! Did you do it yourself? Details on how you did it and what paint you used? I'm throwing around the idea of trying a DIY Kryptek pattern.

SThomas3791
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrazy-Chris View Post
    That paint job looks great! Did you do it yourself? Details on how you did it and what paint you used? I'm throwing around the idea of trying a DIY Kryptek pattern.
    Thanks! I used Rustoleum Camo in various colors. I gave it base coat of black then I used some leaves and such I found outside or some plastic plant leaves at the dollar store and just held them down as a stencil and lightly sprayed over them. After that I gave it 3-4 coats of Krylon Clear Satin Lacquer. I considered doing the entire rifle/scope but was a bit turned off by the idea since the good people at Bushnell told me they may not warranty any scope issues if it was painted.

Nice group!
    USAF 1966 to 1972 KC-135, C-130 and B-52 D and H " We Deliver "

Nice group!
    Quote Originally Posted by basshawg42 View Post
    Here is my model 12 LRP, I haven't got to shoot it much yet,but it's very sweet.
    USAF 1966 to 1972 KC-135, C-130 and B-52 D and H " We Deliver "

JRaider
    Not quite done yet but getting there. Still need to camo it but not too bad for my first build. The little marks on the stock are from sanding down some sharp edges on the finish. No biggie as it's getting paint.

ER Shaw. 243 varmint barrel
    Timney Trigger
    20 MOA base
    Bolt knob I cut and grinded down, re-threaded and added a glades armory (I believe it was) knob.
    Boyds stock
    Action trued
    Mueller Scope (swapping to Millet LRS)

Team Savage
    great job

JRaider
    Thanks, it's tore back down now getting some cerakote.

Basic Member

Axis truck rifle. McGowen 18" fluted .308
    My modified SSS Prohunter Stock
    Cheap barska scope I had laying in my parts pile.

JRaider
    Nicely done. Like the 18" barrel look

Rick90Can
    Quote Originally Posted by Elgin View Post
    Got my last two Axis builds almost finished (just need to decide on scopes for them).

Here are all three of them.
    Top to bottom:
    308 - 20 inch fluted heavy Savage barrel, Weaver 3-15 FFP scope, Leupold rings, Warne rail, Accu-trigger, extended knob, extended mag, Boyd's Pepper Laminate Prairie Hunter
    243 - 20 inch heavy McGowen barrel, Burris rings, Leupold bases, Accu-trigger, extended knob, extended mag, Boyd's Tacticool.
    223 - 22 inch heavy Savage barrel, Warne rail, Accu-trigger, extended knob, Boyd's Tacticool (painted grey).

Whoa... where did you get those magazines?! Who makes them? How many rounds??

Nice rifles btw!

That's my question also. Love that pepper stocked .308.
    You know what I like best about people? Their dogs.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast