Thread: Model 12 ?

barry

Model 12 ?

I sorta adapted a 12? .223 said to be a Savage Custom shop rifle. Its got a heavy 26" bull barrel, thumb hole laminate stock, {boyd} . accu trigger, and custom bolt. If anyone can tell me the model 12??? I'd appreciate it. I traded a SW 29-2
    .44 Mag in perfect condition straight across. I know I got screwed but I did it anyway.
    Thanks Barry
    I would just like to know 12...

stangfish
    A picture would help but custom shop usually means it is a one off. What you might do is look it up on the Savage arms website on the parts finder page. Just enter your serial number.

stangfish is right. Look up the serial number on their "parts finder" and it will come back with the model number. Visually, the large bolt handle is a dead give-away for model 12s (but does not guarrantee that is is - or isn't - so do not depend on that visualization).
    .22LR * 6.5x47 Lapua * .223 Rem * .308 Win * 260 Rem * Large Cojones!
    [I]"I can prove anything by statistics except the truth."[/I]

barry
    Quote Originally Posted by stangfish View Post
    A picture would help but custom shop usually means it is a one off. What you might do is look it up on the Savage arms website on the parts finder page. Just enter your serial number.
    I must be a idiot I've tried to Thank you two for the help and Info twice now with no avail.

Not an idiot, you're just still under 6 posts so they're subject to moderator approval.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

stangfish
    Sorry Barry, I was not aware there was a 6 post requirement. You could tell us more about your other guns in two more posts and then we could see your Savage.

The 6 post probation period has no affect on the ability to post pic's - it just means that posts by new members are much more likely to be flagged for moderator approval - especially if they contain a URL or IMG link. Once a moderator looks at and verifies the post isn't spam it's approved and becomes visible to all members.

It's just one of the anti-spam tools we employ here to try and keep as much of the garbage as possible from reaching our members.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

I wasn't aware that the Savage custom shop would use a Boyd's stock? Sounds more like a home build maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by GaCop View Post
    I wasn't aware that the Savage custom shop would use a Boyd's stock? Sounds more like a home build maybe?
    They don't, but I never assume that the op is correct (as in the above {Boyd}). Savage has and does use thumb hole stocks.
    in any case, the serial number will tell him the model he has...
    .22LR * 6.5x47 Lapua * .223 Rem * .308 Win * 260 Rem * Large Cojones!
    [I]"I can prove anything by statistics except the truth."[/I]

Members who have read this thread in the last 1 days: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.