Thread: XLR Chassis

Rat man407

XLR Chassis

Anybody runing them have any complaints or things go wrong ?

is it worth the $1200 it going to cost me to get one over here ?

Cheers Ratty

stangfish
    They are nice. I am hearing that the McRee is a better option but the XLR is as ridged as they get.

Rat man407
    don't really like the look of McRee plus i don't think there are any Austrilan importers

Basic Member
    Why is the McRee a "better option"? Reading something your read online...isn't exactly real world experience.

I know one thing, XLR is much better at CS and communication...McRee sucks at it. I used to be able to reach McRee in the past and lately their CS sucked really bad.

Kyle at XLR will always answer your calls and take care of any concerns you may have. I bought an XLR for my Sako TRG 42...McRee was jerking me around about offering it in their chassis.

Well, I have both stocks in short actions and both are good to go. They both feed well from AICS style magazines and customer service from both was top notch. I contacted Mcree late one afternoon and left a message; My call was returned at approximately 9:30 am the next day. I placed my order immediately following our conversation and within a total of 3 hours I had a shipping confirmation!!The Mcree G5 folder shipped in short time; I received mine in 4 days,just got lucky I guess. The XLR chassis took a bit longer like 8-9 weeks ,if I remember correctly and will cost about twice as much depending upon options. These stocks are rigid and a little on the heavy side for some folks 4# - 5#. I like a med heavy rifle in 12-14# range complete. The XLR does require higher scope rings due to the manner in which the handguard is attached, not a problem since the cheekpiece is adjustable. Now, Kyle does have a lot of options to choose from and build times have extended to about 10-12 weeks.
    300WSM 26" 1:10 Med. Hvy. Varmit McRee Precision

AKDSCD
    I am just new to the forum, but I just ordered my 3rd XLR Tactical Evolution chassis for a 10FCP-K I just picked up. I love them, they are rock solid, the customer service is fantastic.