Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Laminate replacement for AXIS - BOYDS

ironmk

Quote Originally Posted by jhawk60 View Post
    I'm glad yours is on the way, they look like nice stocks. I ordered mine on the 10th (the day before you) and mine still hasn't shipped.
    I'm sure it won't be long, I must have got a lucky break or just ordered the next batch made. I didn't get anything custom just the forest camo thumbhole stock. Due to arrive on tuesday and it'll be on tuesday night!! (: (hope my enthusiasm isn't taken as rubbing it in Jhawk60)

jhawk60
    Quote Originally Posted by ironmk View Post
    I'm sure it won't be long, I must have got a lucky break or just ordered the next batch made. I didn't get anything custom just the forest camo thumbhole stock. Due to arrive on tuesday and it'll be on tuesday night!! (: (hope my enthusiasm isn't taken as rubbing it in Jhawk60)
    Not taken as rubbing it in at all, I would be enthusiastic as well. I just hate the wait.

Mine is just a pepper classic with no custom work. Now at two weeks and one day since ordering and still says awaiting shipment. I'm still hoping to get it in time to install it and sight it in before hunting season but with my track record with ordering stuff online I won't hold my breath.

I hope yours fits like a glove.

Basic Member
    Can anyone tell me if these stocks are pillar bedded or just drilled for the action screws ?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by deaddeerwalking View Post
    Can anyone tell me if these stocks are pillar bedded or just drilled for the action screws ?
    They are not.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

Basic Member
    well i got my stock today.went to put it on and the barrel is against the right side of the barrel channel.and its so tight that i have to pull hard to get it out of the stock.seems that it isnt right somewhere.any suggestions

Fatalis
    Quote Originally Posted by alextm33 View Post
    well i got my stock today.went to put it on and the barrel is against the right side of the barrel channel.and its so tight that i have to pull hard to get it out of the stock.seems that it isnt right somewhere.any suggestions
    Big F'in hammer

Basic Member

Laminate replacement for AXIS - BOYDS

I ordered the same stock. Posts some pictures when you get it in, I'm curious to see how it looks.

Basic Member
    good idea but i think i will wait till Monday to get talking to someone from boyds.first time ordering from them but i hope they have good customer service and will provide for a easy problem fix and a happy customer.

Alleycat
    Mine is at the post office, get it tomorrow. Please don't let be one of the prototypes...

ironmk
    Quote Originally Posted by Cru3rd View Post
    I ordered the same stock. Posts some pictures when you get it in, I'm curious to see how it looks.
    Sure thing, it's supposed to be here today (UPS says "out for delivery") so when I get home tonight I'll try it on for size! And put a pic on here and the sticky also (:

ironmk
    Received the stock and put it to my action tightend the bolts and trigger didn't work, figured out its my Timney Trigger adjustment machine screw. Can either grind about 1/8" off the screw or drill a shallow recess in the trigger guard, After I figured out it wasn't the stock I felt better! I'll post pics tomorrow from my computer.

Rojohaem
    Just r'cvd the classic camo stock from Boyd's and it was as simple an installation as they had advertised. Popped in the barrel, two screws tightened, magazine placed and she was ready to go. My Savage Edge .270 W looks incredible! The fit and finish we're both worth the wait. Can't wait to get on the range to gauge the handling and recoil. Very pleased!

jhawk60
    Received the stock and put it to my action tightend the bolts and trigger didn't work, figured out its my Timney Trigger adjustment machine screw. Can either grind about 1/8" off the screw or drill a shallow recess in the trigger guard, After I figured out it wasn't the stock I felt better! I'll post pics tomorrow from my computer.
    I'd grind the screw if it won't interfere with the trigger function. Which screw is it?

My stock is still in limbo. Waiting for a return call from Boyds tomorrow (called today but it was just before they closed). Lisa said hopefully it was shipped and they just didn't update the order info. This Thursday makes three weeks since ordering.

Fatalis
    Quote Originally Posted by jhawk60 View Post
    My stock is still in limbo. Waiting for a return call from Boyds tomorrow (called today but it was just before they closed). Lisa said hopefully it was shipped and they just didn't update the order info. This Thursday makes three weeks since ordering.
    I guess I won't complain then with my 2+ weeks and counting...(I understand actually...great gun that just needed a great stock, I figured they would go fast and cause a delay).

Alleycat
    So here it is. Boyds classic on Pepper....Fit like a glove :)

greg409
    Like a lemming, LOL

I'll post b/4 & after upon receipt

luck,greg

RunNGun

I got mine last week but It appears that I received a prototype. The bolt release lever can't be pushed down far enough to release the bolt. I think the inlet is too deep at the rear of the action. Other than that the stock looks and fits the barrel perfectly, a great improvement over the plastic stock.

Lol, I just realized that you saw this pic in the pictures thread!
    Matt
    Last edited by RunNGun; 10-30-2013 at 08:12 AM.

Alleycat
    Quote Originally Posted by RunNGun View Post

I got mine last week but It appears that I received a prototype. The bolt release lever can't be pushed down far enough to release the bolt. I think the inlet is too deep at the rear of the action. Other than that the stock looks and fits the barrel perfectly, a great improvement over the plastic stock.
    Hmmm, didn't try to remove my bolt yet. Better check that.

RunNGun
    Quote Originally Posted by Alleycat View Post
    So here it is. Boyds classic on Pepper....Fit like a glove :)

That's a sharp looking rifle you've got Alleycat! I like the pepper with the stainless!

ironmk
    [IMG][/IMG]Well I opted to drill a recess in the trigger guard about 1/8" deep. It was a meaty part towards the front of the trigger guard by where the magazine sits. jhawk60 on the timney trigger there is a set screw to adjust the trigger release depth to the sear? at the front of the trigger assembly that isn't on the stock trigger and sticks down about 1/8" or so with a tiney lock nut and just needed a smidge more room and there was a lot of material where I drilled just a little out to make room for it in the trigger guard. Once back together you can't see it and it didn't affect anythings function or strength. I flipped the strap and bipod after the pic, worked better that way (: Now just need to find a screaming deal on some quality optics for my next feel good purchase, this one works but it's fussy about the eye relief.
    Last edited by ironmk; 10-30-2013 at 10:15 AM. Reason: to add picture

Axis270
    Yip, me too. Now picture that Pepper in FT Thumbhole, which what is on its way to me. I'm sticking with the black trigger guard as the scope, rail, mag and suppressor are all black anyway.

Alleycat
    My bolt release works fine so all is good..:)

Basic Member
    Wahoo, just got my shipping notification from Boyds !

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gsperaz View Post
    Wahoo, just got my shipping notification from Boyds !
    When did your order?

Basic Member
    When did your order?
    10/11

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast