Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Laminate replacement for AXIS - BOYDS

mrrabk

Same stock color I ordered and received. Looks as good in person as it does in the pics!

sales@boydsgunstocks
    Good Day - not sure if you have visited with anyone from Boyds' over the phone yet - but based on your measurements here we would ask that you return your stock immediately and we will replace it ASAP, I seen in a later post that you were able to drop it in and had to do some minor re-torquing, you should not have to do anything to it! You can reach me at 605-996-5011 ext. 209 if you have any questions or refer to the bottom of the email you received stating how to return your Axis stock. Again, very very sorry for any and all inconveniences this is causing you and all others that received stocks from our initial shipment! Best Regards - Jen

Quote Originally Posted by mrrabk View Post
    Got the new stock this morning at the same time the e-mail arrived about the "prototype" issue. Also got a voice mail via cell phone. Talk about great customer service!!!

Measured the depth of "shelf" based on their drawing and looked at the guard screw. Screw is flush and the depth is .795 +/- .001. Sent them an e-mail, but they did not indicate if the .780 measurement was to shallow or to deep. (??) Will not be able to drop the action in until this weekend. Anyone know the issue with the depth? My guess is to shallow. Date stamp near front action screw hole is 9-27-13.

Great looking and feeling stock! Looking forward to taking it out...maybe this weekend if there are no problems.

The Toolman
    Quote Originally Posted by sales@boydsgunstocks View Post
    Again, very very sorry for any and all inconveniences this is causing you and all others that received stocks from our initial shipment! Best Regards - Jen

So, when is your next shipment going out then, or are they even made yet?

sales@boydsgunstocks
    They are made and are shipping - if you could PM me your name and order number I would be happy to check on the status of your order and expedite if there was an error on our part in processing your order.

Quote Originally Posted by The Toolman View Post
    So, when is your next shipment going out then, or are they even made yet?
    Last edited by sales@boydsgunstocks; 10-18-2013 at 04:50 PM.

Alleycat
    I have to say that Boyds is showing incredible customer service! Some of our Canadian companies should take note...

mrrabk
    Jen,

No worries here. Spoke (via e-mails) with Sheila and all is good. I e-mailed her this morning to let her know it fit like a glove and all functions worked just fine. The re torquing I speak of was to get the action/barrel "centered" in the stock/for end. It was ever so slightly skewed to the right (end of barrel at end.tip of for end) that I wanted a bit more clearance. The profile of the stock to the stock barrel is tight (which is a good thing as to appearance and fit) but didn't want contact. So, loosening the action screws and taking another run at it got the fitment better and now the barrel is clear from the nut to the end in the stock. I made no mods to your stock other than to put it on....lol, and it fit perfect. The operation of all components, bolt, trigger, safety & mag box are all perfect! By the way, the OE mag fits your stock better than the factory stock!!! Good job!
    Thanks for your help and support here and let it be said, you have a customer and word of mouth advertiser for life!

sales@boydsgunstocks
    Disregard the PM I just sent you - you are good to go!! Shoot away and enjoy!!

Jen
    Quote Originally Posted by mrrabk View Post
    Jen,

No worries here. Spoke (via e-mails) with Sheila and all is good. I e-mailed her this morning to let her know it fit like a glove and all functions worked just fine. The re torquing I speak of was to get the action/barrel "centered" in the stock/for end. It was ever so slightly skewed to the right (end of barrel at end.tip of for end) that I wanted a bit more clearance. The profile of the stock to the stock barrel is tight (which is a good thing as to appearance and fit) but didn't want contact. So, loosening the action screws and taking another run at it got the fitment better and now the barrel is clear from the nut to the end in the stock. I made no mods to your stock other than to put it on....lol, and it fit perfect. The operation of all components, bolt, trigger, safety & mag box are all perfect! By the way, the OE mag fits your stock better than the factory stock!!! Good job!
    Thanks for your help and support here and let it be said, you have a customer and word of mouth advertiser for life!

I have to say that Boyds is showing incredible customer service! Some of our Canadian companies should take note
    More than a few American companies should take note also.

Basic Member
    I would like to personally thank the good folks at Boyd's for investing considerable time and effort into R+D and production engineering of the new Axis/Edge wooden stocks. Also, thanks to the many forum participants whom took note of my post from months ago, requesting that we formally express our interest in Axis stocks to Boyd's. There were quite a few naysayers whom said "it wouldn't matter" and "why bother even trying," despite common sense dictates to the contrary. Boyd's would never issue a new stock application unless a market was there, and in our case - we were successful in convincing them we ARE interested in upgrading our rifles. We spoke, and Boyd's listened.

Please be extra patient as they work out any minor bugs in these early production runs. We are very fortunate to finally have these stocks available, and I for one...am very appreciative.

Just returned from extended travel away from my computer, and was so pleased to learn of the new stocks. My own walnut stock for the 22-250 shall be ordered ASAP...

Cheers, all...
    CA Turk Hunts

AlderonnX
    As soon as the Prairie Hunter stocks get back in stock I'm ordering one.

Mattole
    Boyd's (Jen) - please note that I would love to purchase a left-hand Prairie Hunter stock when you have them available!

sales@boydsgunstocks
    Noted :-) Have a great weekend!!

Jen
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattole View Post
    Boyd's (Jen) - please note that I would love to purchase a left-hand Prairie Hunter stock when you have them available!

sales@boydsgunstocks
    Please order now - do not wait until it says "In Stock" - we are constantly making these and if it says "out of stock" when you order wait time is still only 7 - 14 days. They are flyin off the shelf and you may not see an "In Stock" status for a while...please do not let this keep you from ordering.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlderonnX View Post
    As soon as the Prairie Hunter stocks get back in stock I'm ordering one.

sales@boydsgunstocks
    Thank you for the kind words & kudos!! We truly appreciate each and every one of your posts, comments, questions, input, support, and business!!! Have a great weekend!!

Jen

Quote Originally Posted by CA Turkey Huntsman View Post
    I would like to personally thank the good folks at Boyd's for investing considerable time and effort into R+D and production engineering of the new Axis/Edge wooden stocks. Also, thanks to the many forum participants whom took note of my post from months ago, requesting that we formally express our interest in Axis stocks to Boyd's. There were quite a few naysayers whom said "it wouldn't matter" and "why bother even trying," despite common sense dictates to the contrary. Boyd's would never issue a new stock application unless a market was there, and in our case - we were successful in convincing them we ARE interested in upgrading our rifles. We spoke, and Boyd's listened.

Please be extra patient as they work out any minor bugs in these early production runs. We are very fortunate to finally have these stocks available, and I for one...am very appreciative.

Just returned from extended travel away from my computer, and was so pleased to learn of the new stocks. My own walnut stock for the 22-250 shall be ordered ASAP...

Cheers, all...
    CA Turk Hunts

cerich
    yeah, glad you made the post and Boyds went for it. I followed your suggestion and then when the stock was announced felt obligated to purchase one. So placed my order for a thumbhole in Apple red the 10th.

Only suggestion I would have for Boyd's is to make the status on customs say "being made" instead of "awaiting shipment". The latter makes it sound like it is made and sitting there for a week plus until the shipping folks get to it.

Going hunting in a week, hope it's here by then so I can see how it works in the field.

Quote Originally Posted by CA Turkey Huntsman View Post

Cheers, all...
    CA Turk Hunts

Rojohaem

Inaccurate availability and uncertain shipping date

Quote Originally Posted by sales@boydsgunstocks View Post
    They are made and are shipping - if you could PM me your name and order number I would be happy to check on the status of your order and expedite if there was an error on our part in processing your order.
    I was very pleased to find the Axis stocks being offered by Boyd's. I ordered a classic stock from the website because it indicated "in Stock - Ships within 1-2 business days" After 5 days, called and spoke with a very nice rep who said that the website was inaccurate due to the overwhelming response of orders and that I should probably check back in another week. I asked if there were any other styles in stock and she indicated that they were all out and were awaiting manufacture. I' m patient and will be happy to receive the rifle stock eventually, but I'd like to point out that the website is misleading in regards to availability.

AlderonnX
    I changed my mind like 3 times, Ended up going with a featherweight Thumbhole in Sky. $132 with shipping and all. Its bringing the rifle up to a really nice gun. I hated the factory stock after I got it home.

liquid
    Jen

I am in New Zealand and is apparently a country you don't send to. Any way we can sort this out. Ausis are only our poor cousins across the ditch - and come from convict stock 200 odd years back. It is unfair to me then that you can ship to them and not us!!

les

sales@boydsgunstocks
    We are now shipping to New Zealand - if you have any difficulties placing your order please let me know!

Best Regards - Jen
    Quote Originally Posted by liquid View Post
    Jen

I am in New Zealand and is apparently a country you don't send to. Any way we can sort this out. Ausis are only our poor cousins across the ditch - and come from convict stock 200 odd years back. It is unfair to me then that you can ship to them and not us!!

les

liquid
    Jen

Thank you for that, are there options for youth stocks. Is there any difference in the length of pull between your different stocks, and any of yours and the original. That might make a difference which one I order, or can the butts be shortened to compensate.

les
    Last edited by liquid; 10-22-2013 at 03:15 PM. Reason: more info required

cerich
    My apple custom thumbhole shipped today, ordered on the 10th. can't wait to install the action. Did some trigger work today. I suspect I will have a completely different rifle when done.

$257 for a axis .308 at walmart
    $115 for a Clearance Pentax Pioneer Scope
    $13x for the Boyds stock
    $20 for the ebay made spring for the trigger (wanted to keep old one intact)

$526 invested in it, about the price of a wood package savage but with much better glass and what I am sure will be a better looking stock.

Hope the darn thing can shoot...LOL. As soon as the new stock is one it will be at the range.

fsr402
    Got my Apple thumb hole stock in today. Looks really great except for one thing. The 4 black "dots" on the sides. I figure it must have been some "tooling holes" that they then filled but there has to be a way to do these without drilling a set of 3/8 holes in them. Takes a beautifully stock and kind of buggers it up.
    On the plus side I was excited to see it came with a lug already installed. Did not expect that.

Wont get a chance to set this thing up until thanksgiving. Rifle season starts in a few weeks and my gun is set perfect at 200 meters and I wont have a chance to check it again before the season opens. So I don't want to mess with it.

Mattole
    Has anyone weighed their Axis with a Boyd stock on it? I would be interested to know how much a Body stock increases the weight over a rifle with the "stock" stock.

jhawk60
    Quote Originally Posted by fsr402 View Post
    Got my Apple thumb hole stock in today. Looks really great except for one thing. The 4 black "dots" on the sides. I figure it must have been some "tooling holes" that they then filled but there has to be a way to do these without drilling a set of 3/8 holes in them. Takes a beautifully stock and kind of buggers it up.
    On the plus side I was excited to see it came with a lug already installed. Did not expect that.

Wont get a chance to set this thing up until thanksgiving. Rifle season starts in a few weeks and my gun is set perfect at 200 meters and I wont have a chance to check it again before the season opens. So I don't want to mess with it.
    I believe those plugs cover reinforcing screws.

jasta
    Just under 3lb 12oz on the boyds and the plastic stock is 1lb 11 3/4oz... But they feel great.

Cheers

Jas

Quote Originally Posted by Mattole View Post
    Has anyone weighed their Axis with a Boyd stock on it? I would be interested to know how much a Body stock increases the weight over a rifle with the "stock" stock.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast