Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Laminate replacement for AXIS - BOYDS

Jay24bal

FWIW, the new stocks are coming shipped with a red dot to duplicate the original safety marking.

I ordered one stock as soon as they were available and it did not come with this. The one I ordered on 1/7 and arrived today, did have the safety marking.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thomae View Post
    That's a good question. FWIW: Based on what I have read (famous last words, right? ), the way I do it is to leave the pillar tops flat when I bed my stock to the action. That way I still have Metal to metal contact along the axial centerline of the action screwholes and the bedding material holds the action in the correct spot so there is no side-to-side rocking or twisting. If I were to try to contour the pillars to the action, I would probably not be able to get it exactly right and would likely add stress of one kind or another. I do have the means and ability to make a flat cutoff, however.

YMMV.
    thomae is correct. Besides on the Axis, the rear pillar sets on a flat trigger housing right ? So you wouldn't radius the top of that pillar anyway.

KS Yote Junkie
    Mine also came in today! ordered 12/13/13 It also came with the painted safe marking! Great looking stock!

Basic Member
    I have a 30" bull pac nor barrel 22-250 AI barrel id like to put on a 223 axis. Will a boyds stock handle this barrel if i sand out the barrel channel? anything else id have to do to the Boyds stock to make it fit properly?

Other than a new bold head, magazine, and stock, is there anything im missing to do this conversion?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justinc68 View Post
    I have a 30" bull pac nor barrel 22-250 AI barrel id like to put on a 223 axis. Will a boyds stock handle this barrel if i sand out the barrel channel? anything else id have to do to the Boyds stock to make it fit properly?

Other than a new bold head, magazine, and stock, is there anything im missing to do this conversion?
    You'll have to find a way to hold the butt stock down. It's going to be very muzzle heavy. Make sure that you get a model that you can drill out the butt stock to add weight.

Basic Member
    Ok that makes sense. Is there any information out there how to do that? what models do you think would work? maybe i should go with the Sharp Shooter Supply stock and spend the extra money for it?

lotusboyrulz
    I got my stock in on Tuesday. I love it . I hope I can take it shooting and do some comparison shots.

Just ordered myself a Boyd's Left Handed Thumb Hole stock in Nutmeg. I hope the turn around time on the order is pretty quick. It said it was in stock, so I'm hopeful that it will ship fairly soon. I don't know why, because the way the weather is going it will be July before I get to go to the range again anyway. But, at least I can work on my Axis and dream of an early warm Spring.

cap10pd
    I just so happened to order my Left hand FT in Forrest Camo today also...cant wait to snap it on...also got a UTG bipod coming from Amazon

2111 Marine
    still waiting on mine !!!!

joelmarley
    Still waiting on mine too... Just what does Awaiting Shipment mean. That has been my status for 2 weeks now.

Received my Left Hand TH in Nutmeg today. Not a bad turn around time. I ordered it on the 6th and got it on the 13th. Probably because I ordered it early before they ran out of stock. When I ordered mine it said they were "In Stock", and about an hour later they were out of stock.

Long story short... Fits great, looks great, and I'm very happy with it. No fitting or trimming, or anything needed. Photos hopefully to follow soon. :)

joelmarley
    I ordered mine in 1-19. On 1-27 they said on here that all Axis stocks currently on order would ship that week. My status change that week, must still be waiting on the mailman.

cap10pd
    Just got my FT the other day, ordered on the 6th....like the stock but I'm disappointed with the finish of it, its a dull finish, looks like just one coat of a poly, not glossy at all.. Anyone else disappointed, and is there anything I can do the to "re-finish" or add additional coats of Poly, or anything else to brighten it up???
    Last edited by cap10pd; 02-15-2014 at 10:37 PM.

joelmarley
    Got Mail!! Mine shipped Saturday.... Thanks to all of you at Boyds.

cap10pd
    So, anyone do any refinishing to there new Boyds finished stock(I would like mine to have a more reflective coating)---What works and what doesn't. All comments /suggestions are appreciated. This is the first stock I'd like to redo.

I believe you can get flat or gloss in poly.

2111 Marine
    finally got mine the other day and it was well worth the wait as it looks awesome and it went onto my action with no issues and plenty of threads on the scres for a nice tight fit !!!

cap10pd
    What do they mean when they (Boyds ) say 90 degree finished?

bloodhawke83
    I noticed today I had more money in the bank. The Boyd Gunstock charge isn't showing up anymore, did not ship yet. I ordered on the 13th, hasn't shipped yet.

You think they canceled on me? I'm in CA if that makes a difference.

2111 Marine
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodhawke83 View Post
    I noticed today I had more money in the bank. The Boyd Gunstock charge isn't showing up anymore, did not ship yet. I ordered on the 13th, hasn't shipped yet.

i'm from CA and i orderd mine on 1-8-14 and received it on 2-17-14

rsh4364

That's how they did mine too.They take $ back out when they ship.

thomae

Why don't you ask them? That way you don't have to wonder.

Basic Member
    so the axis .223 would be the short action right? making sure before I order

bloodhawke83
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonewulf View Post
    so the axis .223 would be the short action right? making sure before I order
    right.