Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Laminate replacement for AXIS - BOYDS

rsh4364

Quote Originally Posted by steveNChunter View Post
    Pics?
    Cannot find usb cord for camera,so put a short video on youtube,search savage axis boyds stocks by rsh4364 Really doesn't do the colors justice though.

cranebird
    Those thumbhole stocks look sweet ! Here in NY state, I think a combination of detachable magazine and thumbhole stock might be in violation of the new assault rifle ban crap ? I'll definitely have to look into that when I get around to order a stock .
    Last edited by cranebird; 01-01-2014 at 04:45 PM.

rsh4364
    Thankyou,to be honest after restocking the edge.223 and axis.308 in the boyds I just look at them and hope for decent weather so I can shoot.I don't even look at my new B-Mag .17swm.sitting in the corner.(at least til someone makes a decent stock for it)

rsh4364
    Quote Originally Posted by LumberJack View Post
    Hey all Im new to the forum thought id post up some pictures of my newly stocked Axis's.

Top : 22-250 with Vortex DiamondBack 3.5-10x50BDC
    Bottom : .270 with Leupold Rifleman 3-9x40

Both have one piece weaver rails and are sporting Nutmeg Thumbholes.

Those look awesome,I was torn between the Nutmeg and the pepper,kinda like the nutmeg better!

Finally, my stock showed up at the post office today. Now I just need to covert it to a lefty and all will be sweet...

Last edited by patrolit; 01-03-2014 at 07:55 AM.

MDM
    Is there enough meat in the forend to possibly open up the barrel channel to accept a varmint or bull profiled barrel in these?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MDM View Post
    Is there enough meat in the forend to possibly open up the barrel channel to accept a varmint or bull profiled barrel in these?
    I opened up my Prairie Hunter for a varmint profile barrel, and there was plenty to work with. Don't know about the other stocks.

2111 Marine
    Getting ready to order a a Boyds Stock for my .308 axis , now is there anything else i should know when i order this from Boyds besides it being a short action and having a removable box magazine ?? . I really like the Prairie hunter design with the molded in cheek rest but also do like the classic design . Also when looking on the Boyds Website almost every design /model for the Axis shows out of stock ,is this normal or ???? and it's about a 4 week turn around to get the gunstock right ??

if anyone can give me some info i would appreciate it as i don't want to order the wrong Gun stock LOL!!!

steveNChunter
    Yes, your .308 Axis is a short-action, and all Axis rifles have a removable/detachable magazine. I assume your Axis is right handed, since the stocks only come right handed. I prefer the Prairie Hunter style because the raised check peice area on the stock gives me better eye alignment with a scope. Just my personal preference. Also make sure to check out the custom options.

2111 Marine
    just ordered the prairie hunter design in forest camo for my .308 now i've got to wait the long 4 weeks for it to show up so i can install it

boomerangg22
    You'll love it Marine. I got the Nutmeg for Christmas. I'm going to order the pepper next time but I think I'll wait till it's back in stock..money might as well be sitting in my account. 4 weeks is a lifetime waiting on something.

danjurista

Boyds axis stocks- 4 week wait

I ordered a classic forest for a 308 on 12/13/13 and not shipped yet! I called them about a week ago and wanted to add the stippling to the order, once ordered the order can not be changed. Make sure you add any options you want before you complete your order.

2111 Marine
    Quote Originally Posted by danjurista View Post
    I ordered a classic forest for a 308 on 12/13/13 and not shipped yet! I called them about a week ago and wanted to add the stippling to the order, once ordered the order can not be changed. Make sure you add any options you want before you complete your order.

i totally forgot about the thicker 1" butt pad so now everytime i shoot my rifle the 1/2" pad is going to remind me ea and every time !!!

KS Yote Junkie
    Hey LumberJack what rings did you use on your 22-250?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2111 Marine View Post
    i totally forgot about the thicker 1" butt pad so now everytime i shoot my rifle the 1/2" pad is going to remind me ea and every time !!!
    From one Marine to another 308 does not recoil that badly! You'll be ok...

rsh4364
    Quote Originally Posted by KS Yote Junkie View Post
    Hey LumberJack what rings did you use on your 22-250?
    HAHA I was just getting ready to post same ? They look like quad locks,I want to know height size.

2111 Marine
    curious if any of you with a Boyds Prairie hunter stock are using a raised cheek pad such as this on yours and if it fits well , i know the prairie hunter design does have a raised cheek rest but just looking to make a better more comfortable pad

http://www.amazon.com/BLACKHAWK-Tact...ords=cheek+pad

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2111 Marine View Post
    curious if any of you with a Boyds Prairie hunter stock are using a raised cheek pad such as this on yours and if it fits well , i know the prairie hunter design does have a raised cheek rest but just looking to make a better more comfortable pad

http://www.amazon.com/BLACKHAWK-Tact...ords=cheek+pad
    That particular pad will probabl piss you off more than anything as it will most likely move around on you to much. They have ones you can build up under and elastic cover that would most likely work better for you. I will always prefer something more solid like a Karsten or cardboard and duct tape that will not move.

like this: http://www.amazon.com/Beartooth-Stoc...ds=cheek+riser

2111 Marine
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
    That particular pad will probabl piss you off more than anything as it will most likely move around on you to much. They have ones you can build up under and elastic cover that would most likely work better for you. I will always prefer something more solid like a Karsten or cardboard and duct tape that will not move.

like this: http://www.amazon.com/Beartooth-Stoc...ds=cheek+riser

i read the reviews on that Beartooth comb pad and some mention it slips and has to be adjusted alot

Basic Member
    I would imagine so. When I went through this dilema with my ProHunter stock i determined that the only right way to do it was with a Karsten. I wasn't happy about drilling holes in the stock, but once install and adjusted it was exactly what I needed and it doesn't move at all!

2111 Marine
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
    I would imagine so. When I went through this dilema with my ProHunter stock i determined that the only right way to do it was with a Karsten. I wasn't happy about drilling holes in the stock, but once install and adjusted it was exactly what I needed and it doesn't move at all!

those pads from Karsten look like they would work very well but i'm not sure about drilling holes into my nice brand new Boyds stock !!!!

Basic Member
    I did it on a $225 SSS stock. Boyds are much more replaceable at $99 and if it allows you to shoot better/more comfortably you'll quickly forget about those 2 little holes!

Edward51
    Has anyone checked out the Bradley Cheek rest

Patch700
    Out of curiosity , has anyone received any stocks from Boyds ordered after the first week of december?
    Will call them monday regarding an order that should've been shipped by now but was just curious ..

thx.

busted leg
    I ordered one on 12/05/2013,,still awaiting shipment,I called and get there voice mail,,

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast