Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Laminate replacement for AXIS - BOYDS

steveNChunter

Got my stock today. Worth the wait

ShawneeB
    Pictures?

steveNChunter
    I have to wait till Christmas to put it on since it was a Christmas present from the wife. I just opened the box and made sure everything was there and in good shape and then she wrapped it up and put a bow on it. But I will post pics for sure when I put it on.

rsh4364
    Ordered a thumbhole in pepper for .223,a prairie in applejack for .308 and a thumbhole for .17HMR! Wish I could but a breathalyzer on my pay now button! LOL. And Im pretty sure Im getting a B-Mag for Christmas so if Boyds is watching this I want a new stock for it!
    Last edited by rsh4364; 12-22-2013 at 04:06 PM.

steveNChunter
    OK so I talked the wife into letting me take a few pics of the stock before she wrapped it up. I think the pepper looks great with stainless and I like the stippling pattern. I'm glad I got it this way. Wouldn't change a thing. The fit and finish on the stock is great. The mag is a little hard to pop out but it seemed to get easier the more I took it in and out. Very pleased. I'm officially a Boyd's fan.

And now a Sako 75 stainless laminate. Anyone see a resemblance?

Basic Member
    Sharp looking! I can't wait till my laminate Tacticool shows up!

ShawneeB
    I like the pepper and stainless combo too. Saw an axis SS and pepper over on predator masters sold me on that combo. That stripling is awesome nice.

Axis270
    Classy! Awesome looking riflemans' rifle!

Basic Member
    That looks great! I've been debating about getting the stippling on my next one. I think I may have to now.

steveNChunter
    Another good custom option that I didn't get is the Pachmayr recoil pad. There was no need for it on a .223 but for any larger caliber I would've gotten one. The 1/2" rubber pad that comes standard isn't going to provide much in the way of recoil reduction. I have a few more rifles that I'm considering getting a Boyd's for now after seeing how good this one turned out. There's a tired old tang safety Ruger M77 6mm sitting in the back of the safe that may get the exact same stock only in nutmeg and with a Pachmayr pad.

ShawneeB
    Yup, going to get 2 Boyds myself. Pad shouldn't matter to much to me, ones a Howa 223 and other a Stevens 200 in 243. I've had Boyds before and like them. Last was a pepper too.

TrblShtr
    I got the 1" Pachmayr pad on the Boyd's stock for my Axis in .308Win, more to add a little more length of pull than anything else. Combining the extra weight of the stock, the additional padding and the already moderate recoil of the .308, there is very little felt recoil remaining in this system.

rsh4364
    Quote Originally Posted by rsh4364 View Post
    Ordered a thumbhole in pepper for .223,a prairie in applejack for .308 and a thumbhole for .17HMR! Wish I could put a breathalyzer on my pay now button! LOL. And Im pretty sure Im getting a B-Mag for Christmas so if Boyds is watching this I want a new stock for it!
    Just checked sight and all have been shipped! Yeah! I just ordered 12-19-13,they must be catching up!
    Last edited by rsh4364; 12-23-2013 at 05:52 PM.

rcs36
    When you get yours, check the length of your stock forward mount bolt in the forward mount of the Boyds stock. Just stick it in the stock to see how many bolt threads stick out. Mine was one maybe two threads. Had to get a longer bolt and grind it down to get a better length.

Just my experience. Prairie Hunter, Forest Camo, 270 Cal.

steveNChunter
    My front action screw only stuck through by a couple threads like that too. Once I tightened it down I got about three full turns out of it, so I figured that would be good enough. YMMV

Basic Member
    How does the weight of the featherweight compare to the factory Tupperware?

steveNChunter
    Not sure about the featherweight but my Prairie Hunter feels considerably heavier than the factory stock. I consider that a plus but someone trying to shed weight probably won't accomplish it by switching from a plastic stock to any style laminate wood stock. Maybe someone with one of the featherweight stocks will chime in and give you a better answer.

rsh4364
    Just checked sight and all have been shipped! Yeah! I just ordered 12-19-13,they must be catching up!
    My stocks are sitting 15 miles away at UPS,will be here Monday,also told my GF I ordered 3 stocks not just 1,went over like a lead balloon !

rsh4364
    Quote Originally Posted by NVBighorn View Post
    weight for featherweight is 2.3-2.5 lbs.not sure what fact. stock weighs.

[/URL]

axis 06 Stainless, boyds ft thumbhole in pepper, dnz 1 pc mount holding leupold rifleman 3-9x40, got under 600 in the whole setup.

rsh4364
    Ordered a thumbhole in pepper for .223,a prairie in applejack for .308 and a thumbhole for .17HMR! Wish I could but a breathalyzer on my pay now button! LOL. And Im pretty sure Im getting a B-Mag for Christmas so if Boyds is watching this I want a new stock for it!
    All 3 showed up today! Installed pepper thumbhole on Edge .223,Applejack on axis .308,thumbhole on .17HMR gonna wait till I camo or do hydro graphics on it.All I can say is I am totally impressed with these stocks.I am so happy with fit,finish and ease of install.Totally changed looks and feel of rifles.Perfect..

rsh4364
    Quote Originally Posted by NVBighorn View Post
    After switching stocks today I would think fact. stock around 1.3-1.5lbs. featherwheight feels so much better,better balanced now!

steveNChunter
    Pics?

rsh4364
    My Edge/Axis girls look like supermodels now,will get picts. tomorrow,only regret is I didn't order more of the prairie in applejack! As it was only $48.And my GF loves it!

LumberJack
    Hey all Im new to the forum thought id post up some pictures of my newly stocked Axis's.

Top : 22-250 with Vortex DiamondBack 3.5-10x50BDC
    Bottom : .270 with Leupold Rifleman 3-9x40

Both have one piece weaver rails and are sporting Nutmeg Thumbholes.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast