Thread: Stock options for 110 Centerfeed. Conversion possible?

loudandproud

Stock options for 110 Centerfeed. Conversion possible?

I have been looking for a nice stock for my savage. I have a 110 savage with a heavy lothar walther barrel on it and it is currently set up for center-feed and drop box magazine.

What options are available for this setup? Im looking to spend $350 or less.

Also... If the options are very limited, how hard would it be to convert to a centerfeed dbm over to a centerfeed blind mag or a staggered feed blind mag?

I just want to open up my options.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Basic Member
    Check out the stockade or sharpshooter supply money savers or the bobby hart from stockys

stangfish
    A good place to start is; Budget, you have that. Then purpose and next probably material and options/customizing. With a heavy barrel you are probably looking for a tactical or prairie dog or maybe bench rest?

loudandproud
    Im looking for a tacticool/varmint stock. Fiberglass or composites...
    I do alittle benchrest shooting put I am not interested in a pure breed bench rest stock.

loudandproud
    I kind of like the Stockade woodchuck look. Its traditional but beefy looking. I think that will work well with my rifle, but I do not see anywhere where they say it is for a staggered or a center feed.

Basic Member
    You can get either he makes them for all the 10/110 actions

spamble11
    I just bought a Stevens/Savage 200 in 7mm Mag. I'm looking to upgrade the stock. This will be a hunting rifle so I must carry it and it will have a Harris Bi-Pod on it. I'm a lefty shooting a right hand gun (don't ask). Any suggestions, lighter the better I'm thinking? It's a centerfeed long action blind box. I would consider modifying it to a box magazine or just a replacement stock.

TIA

spamble11
    the current tupperware stock is glass bedded so I may keep it. but, would still consider a replacement that is stiff or a clip set up.

thoughts?

airdale
    Check out the Choate tactical line. Nice stocks for any configuration at a reasonable price.

spamble11
    I'll check it out. Hopefully, it's not too heavy as I'll carry this thing around the woods.

spamble11
    apparently, the Choates are a little heavy for hunting. Anyone use Boyd's? They appear to be available in a LA centerfeed... Looks like some say they need glass bedding though.

The Stockades are great stocks. There is a long wait but worth it in my mind. They can be made either way, but if you search forums enough, you can find one from time to time.
    12 LRP .204, 200 .243 project rifle. (action), 116 SS action, 200 270

Basic Member
    Depending on your barrel profile the Bell and Carlson Medalist with the aluminum bedding block is very nice and easy to convert to center feed blind magazine. The stock says it is for stagger feed but your center feed mag will go in and work with some shims in the front to hold it in place and then a little sealant to seal it up have done 2 like that and they work good. One is being done right now to accept factory center feed dbm.

Team Savage
    The Boyds CF with DBM cutout would be the shortest wait for wood or laminated. If you want composite, then the Stockade Gunstock is lightweight and a great value in your price range. Houge now also offers Savage CF DBM stocks, but I hear they might be on the heavy side.
    Last edited by jpdown; 10-09-2013 at 08:45 PM.

spamble11
    thank you all. i'll check them out. I think for this year, I may hunt with it as is. they previous owner "bedded" the tupperware stock. if I knew how to post a pic on here, I would show you all. you'd get a kick out of it. it could definitely be better but, I painted it all black (that green was killing me) and i put a new scope and will be putting the SAV-1 on tonight. then I can deal with a new stock and drop mag conversion after deer season. If anyone has tips on the conversion, or a forum link, I would appreciate it.

the barrel is stock. no plans to change that so it should help me with stock options.

Quote Originally Posted by airdale View Post
    Check out the Choate tactical line. Nice stocks for any configuration at a reasonable price.
    +1!