Thread: Boyd's DBM Tacticool

Hubcap91

Boyd's DBM Tacticool

Well they listened. They did it. Unfortunately I see no bull barrel option. I'm screwed.

Basic Member
    Opening up the barrel channel is not a difficult task. Get a 1" dowel wrap it in sand paper and work it slowly!

Hubcap91
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
    Opening up the barrel channel is not a difficult task. Get a 1" dowel wrap it in sand paper and work it slowly!
    Yeah I know, I need to see how wide the stock is at the forend before hand though.

Basic Member
    When I asked them about a bull inlet, they said one is on the way soon. I am going to wait it out.

There certainly seems to be some good people at Boyd's. I just ordered a long action blind mag tacticool.

Got mine in the mail today. Feels really good on the grip, but it may be a little short in length of pull for me. May need to a thicker recoil pad. As far as the barrel channel, it is a sporter inlet. But, there is more than enough material to open it up. Also, I ordered on Sunday and got it Wednesday. Thanks Boyd's.

Basic Member
    About a week ago I put my model 12 varmint .223 in a Tacticool stock... Pillarred and bedded it. Had to do some cutting, inletting and fitting to make the bottom bolt release work, but it turned out well. Finally took it to the range today and absolutely LOVED it! It was a dream to shoot. I have several rifles, but all others are sporters, all shoot 3/4 inch or better, but I have never had anything quite like this before. Very impressed with the feel. It's sturdy and comfortable to shoot. accuracy was good. ( .333 inch 5 shot groups at 100 yards), but what amazed me was what a pure joy it was to shoot. Best $100 I've ever spent on anything to do with shooting Eager to do the same with my wife's .260. Oh, it was a bit short... not sure how I will solve that... Usually I add slip-on or lace-up pads. Not sure if they will fit over this one or not.

M4J0R T0M
    This is awesome news. I've been looking for an inexpensive stock option for my new 10 P-SR.