Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boyds Savage Axis Stocks coming on 9 October

fsr402

A wood dowel wrapped with sandpaper and a little time and the bull barrel will fit. But as posted you will have to do it yourself.

Basic Member
    If you want a real shooter I would recommend one of the SSS stocks as the Boyds stocks aren't reinforced in the same manner. You would have to reinforce it yourself. SSS would be more likely to open up one of their stocks for you prior to shipping it out if you contact Lisa she will see if Fred can help you out. I did mine myself on the Pro Hunter and on the Pro Tac Fred had already inletted for the Varmint Contour Barrel.

Pseum0
    well, I'm pretty new to shooting. (a little more than a year) when I build a "dime" gun it'll be on a 10 action, not the axis, that, or a blueprinted 700. but for now, learning the basics, and eventually expanding a little, the boyds will probably do me just fine. i just thought it'd be a nice option for later.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pseum0 View Post
    well, I'm pretty new to shooting. (a little more than a year) when I build a "dime" gun it'll be on a 10 action, not the axis, that, or a blueprinted 700. but for now, learning the basics, and eventually expanding a little, the boyds will probably do me just fine. i just thought it'd be a nice option for later.

Understandable, but you could have a dime gun with the Axis you have right now with a solid platform. It really is a good action. I built my Axis to compete against the Remi's, McMillan's, and GAP's because I was told it wasn't possible. There are still things it may not do as well, but it definitely gets the job done that I wanted it too and it hangs for sure.

Pseum0
    I wanted to mention i still want to use it for hunting. that's why i went 30-06 for the chambering so i think that boyds stock is still the ticket. good to know that i can pick up another axis for the sick nasty build though. That makes me happy since i like the action WAY better than my buddy's remmy700

Pseum0
    also, from what I understand, The XLR chassis systems are able to be prefit to any action... I might have to call them up and see if they cant work out something.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pseum0 View Post
    also, from what I understand, The XLR chassis systems are able to be prefit to any action... I might have to call them up and see if they cant work out something.
    Guess I'm in between classic and modern. The full chassis systems are definitely nice, but there is just something that feels great on a rifle with a perfectly shape wood or laminate stock!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12