Thread: Axis Bullpup Build

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    daviscustom

Axis Bullpup Build

Thought I would get you guys caught up on this project. Started on this in late April, just working on it a little at a time. The finished product will be a suppressed bolt action bullpup rifle in 458 Socom, 26.5" long rifle only....about 37" with the suppressor. The intent is to be using it with 500+ grain cast bullets at subsonic velocities at ranges hopefully out to 400-500 yards. Don't have my Form 1 paperwork back yet from the BATFE so I haven't started on the can yet.

Started from scratch on the stock and I have been trying to do no external shaping of the stock that isn't needed to do the inletting. Trying to keep everything with flat sides as long as possible to make it easier to do the ruff machine work. Waiting till the end to do final shaping and to create panels to cover the cavities that house the trigger linkage.

Using a combination of hand and power tools...using small router and drill press to do as much as possible and then chisels and sanding to finish up.

I will just show a string of pics of the process along the way....feel free to ask questions or kick in ideas if you have any you think might be useful.

Last edited by daviscustom; 10-01-2013 at 10:24 PM.