Thread: 15-55 Night Force Competition Scope

jvw2008

15-55 Night Force Competition Scope

I've been able to find very few reviews on this scope. Curious what input current owners/users would have.

Thanks for your input,
    Jerry

JCalhoun
    Firstly, I don't know anything about them.

Secondly, what do you intend to use the scope for? Do you need a recommendation or just looking for details?

jvw2008
    Howdy JCalhoun: I posted the thread looking for someone who had personal experience with this optic and who could give me their thoughts (review) on the pluses and minuses from their experience. I'm beginning to pursue 600 and 1000 yard shooting and hoping to acquire enough skill to enter some local bench rest and FClass matches. Currently I'm shooting a Model 12 Creedmoor with a 28" 5R Bartlein barrel (Collier Rifles , Millen Georgia). I had decided on a NIghtforce scope but was dickering between one of their Benchrest models or the newer Competition scope they released last February. Long story short - I purchased and mounted the Competition model this passed weekend and tried it out. I wanted the DDR reticle which isn't available in the Benchrest models. At this point (with limited time on the scope) I'm very impressed. Clarity and contrast are awesome and the parallax adjustment matches the focus through all ranges of magnification. Don't think I will ever have much need for magnification in the 55 range (too much mirage in the Colorado heat) but its there if the need ever arises. Nightforce is not going to hurt their reputation with this scope. Thanks for your interest and for responding to my thread.
    Jerry

JCalhoun
    Jerry,

I'm glad you like the scope. It sounds like a sweet rifle too.