Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Bolt lift kit for new bolts with cocking idicators as well as older style bolts

Baryngyl

Re: Bolt lift kit for new bolts with cocking idicators as well as older style bolts

I guess not.

Basic Member

Re: Bolt lift kit for new bolts with cocking idicators as well as older style bolts

I would be interested two!!!!

I'm still using the original I received from Gordon and it's working fine to this day.
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67

Basic Member

They were never for sale and were never intended for sale. I posted this information so others can see what I did.

I do not have any for sale and never will. I to have had one of these kits installed for at least 500 rounds and it is working as good as the day I installed it.

Dolomite

1jonzmith

I think this came up as an item that can be purchased:
    http://www.avidrc.com/product/13/thr...-bearings.html

It has a few more bearings than Gordon's/dolomite's solution but is the same principle.

or better yet:

http://www.avidrc.com/product/13/thrust-bearings/

ellobo

Gordon, is this something you would be willing to show in a flyer with instructions and part no's? With a disclaimer as to liablility included? It seems there is a ready market and there are endorsements in this thread as to its effectiveness.

El Lobo

Basic Member

The thrust bearing I used in this thread is part# 6655K11 from McMaster Carr.

I removed one of the races and the bottom of the BAS is where the bearing rode directly on.

I then made a spacer that is the same thickness as the bearing and the one race that sits on top of the cocking sleeve. That spacer goes in between the BAS and bolt body. This gives you the same amount of spring pressure as before.

Even if you use the 38 special method making a spacer the same thickness as what is displaced is easier than trying to machine the BAS for most people. I know in my testing I found washers that worked very well. May not be the prettiest but they did work well.

And before you ask, I will not make spacers or have them for sale or give them away.

Dolomite

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234