Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bolt lift kit for new bolts with cocking idicators as well as older style bolts

usmc_mwroseberry

Re: Bolt lift kit for new bolts with cocking idicators as well as older style bolts

Please keep me posted on this as this is a product I will be interested in.

Thanks for your hard work, it is MUCH appreciated.

Thanks,
    Merritt
    SGT USMC vet.

Re: Bolt lift kit for new bolts with cocking idicators as well as older style bolts

This sounds like a nice little replacement part. Would love a chance to try one. Or to purchase one once you are done testing.

1Shot

...Dolomite drop me a note to my message box..Being a standard mem. I can not initiate the first contact..Thank's... :)

Basic Member

Dolomite,
    Not trying to steal anything here, but my girlfriends Model 12FVSS 223 could test if you wanted a female shooter's input.
    Just an offer and not just trying to get in.
    jim
    6CM

racinready300ex

Wow, that sounds really cool. Hope I can try one out when you get it finished up.

Mike

Basic Member

Re: Bolt lift kit for new bolts with cocking idicators as well as older style bo

Just wanted to let the testers know they are in the mail. Hopefully we can start getting feedback by next week so I can have some more made.

Peter_kirch you have the old version as well as a new version on the way. Not sure which one will get there first. Use the old version if you can, if not just pass it onto another member here please.

Thanks again
    Dolomite

wetaylor

I am new to the Savage world having just purchased a pc10 in .308. fired about 100 rounds through it. The bolt lift stiffness is also a concern with mine and would be very interested in your kit. Thanks

usmc_mwroseberry

I'll take the old version if he can't use it. ;D

I'll give you a full write up.

Thanks,
    Merritt
    SGT USMC vet.

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by usmc_mwroseberry
    I'll take the old version if he can't use it. ;D

I'll give you a full write up.

Thanks,
    Merritt
    SGT USMC vet.
    Everyone is pretty aware of the old version so no need for a write up on those. As for the new design I am waiting on feed back so I can improve the next batch. After that I am still trying to work out a fair way to slowly hand these out to people who need them. As I said they will be free but I am not going to go broke equipping everyone here with the new version.

Who knows I might do a free give away once a month and possibly sell some in the classifieds for those that don't want to wait or take a chance. Haven't really decided on selling yet but I am definitely going to be giving some away just not enough for everybody here because that would definitly put me in the poor house.

Dolomite

Locosmith

I sure would like one for my model 10 SA 300WSM. Loco

Quickshot

Dolomite, I read on other threads that the screw has to be cut down or the sleeve needs to be altered and then some one says it's a quick fix with just drop in and go. I'd like to hear from you just what needs to be done to make this thing work. If it is a drop in I'll go for it. Have plenty of .38 casings and ball bearings, even made up a few, but still reluctant to tear things apart if requires modifications. Even at 76 yrs. still able to lift the bolt without too much trouble but would give this thing a tinkers try if not too complicated. Quick

358Hammer

From the original post:

I still need to do some more testing and I have sent out a few samples to people for them to try. I am going to see if they are getting the same results as I am. It requires NO modification to the gun and the gun can be returned to factory condition in about 3 minutes. I fired off handloads as well as factory ammo and it was 100% reliable.

sandhiller

Dolomite, 'tis a great thing you are doing for the members of this site and the Savage community! I hate to add to the "swamping" you are getting but I have scrounged about 30 38spl cases I would gladly let you have for your endeavor. If down the road any BLK's become available, I would be interested for my older 110FP and spankin' new 10FCP-K. PM me with your address and I will get the 38spl cases out to you. Thank you, Jeff.

Basic Member

My new design does not involve the use of 38 special casings. The new design is appearing to give better results as well as be easier for the end user to install.

Again, there are two different versions, one using 38 special cases which has been around for a long time and my new bolt lift kit that doesn't.

My new design bolt lift kit does not need any modifications to the firearm to work, no grinding of the BAS or shortening of the cocking sleeve, just install the new part and enjoy. Forget about the 38 special casings for the new design as it does not use anything even remotely close to that design.

Hope this clears up any confusion.

Dolomite

And just to reiterate:
    The new version requires no modifications to your firearm and is not based on the design that uses the 38 special casing

Basic Member

After that I am still trying to work out a fair way to slowly hand these out to people who need them. As I said they will be free but I am not going to go broke equipping everyone here with the new version.

Who knows I might do a free give away once a month and possibly sell some in the classifieds for those that don't want to wait or take a chance. Haven't really decided on selling yet but I am definitely going to be giving some away just not enough for everybody here because that would definitly put me in the poor house.

Dolomite
    [/quote]

I think that you should give these lift kits to the nicest and most handsome people first. I am the nicest person in the entire state of Florida, and am so handsome that young girls cluster around me at the beach. And I'm only 72, not like that old 76 guy.
    Just a suggestion.
    Let me know if you need my address for ant reason.
    joe (NICE) b.

Basic Member

OH BOY!!!!....Guy's are getting Desperate!!!

BIG GRIN........
    Proud Member<br />EOD Master Blaster&#39;s

Quickshot

Dolomite, Thank you for the latest info. Saved me a lot of grief and only cost me a few .38 cases and bearings. I will wait to see how your new idea comes out before tearing things apart. Hey 33050, there&#39;s to much snow here to be out at the beach. old 76 guy, Quick

steveinwv

I have a 10FCP-K with the crappiest bolt in the world and I can&#39;t wait to try one of these.

Basic Member

It is going to be a while. I still need to get all the feedback from those that are testing. After that I am going to have to work out some sort of way to hand these out fairly.

I do not plan on selling them but I do not plan on going broke handing them out to everyone who owns a Savage either. I am just waiting to see how the testers feel.

Dolomite

jo191145

Dolomite

Would your bolt lift kit further improve a timed and trued action done at SSS???
    Compatable with the Evolution trigger???

If Yes I&#39;d like to beg borrow or buy one
    Gonna be running a Sav action in IBS Score shoots this season.
    Looking to help it out as much as possible.
    Hoping to prove Savage actions can compete.

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by jo191145
    Dolomite

Would your bolt lift kit further improve a timed and trued action done at SSS???
    Compatable with the Evolution trigger???

If Yes I&#39;d like to beg borrow or buy one
    Gonna be running a Sav action in IBS Score shoots this season.
    Looking to help it out as much as possible.
    Hoping to prove Savage actions can compete.
    One of the testers has a T&T&#39;d action so we will see how these work together. I am hoping everyone who was sent one to test posts their results in this thread.

I have asked all the testers to be honest about their findings so the next batch will be better. I am not going to try to hide or sugar coat anything, if this works then great if not then I don&#39;t mind either because I am not doing this for financial gain anyways. So far in speaking with LeeH I have already made one improvement, not to the part itself but to the instructions I enclosed with all the parts.

It will still be a little while before I have the next batch in hand. Once I do have them in hand I will let everyone know.

Thanks for all the interest
    Dolomite

Savage Lover

Hey Dolomite, send me your address and I&#39;ll send you money for one of these. I know you said you want to just give them away but I would be more than happy to pay you a very inflated price for one of these to help pay for the next batch or whatever.

Thanks

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Lover
    Hey Dolomite, send me your address and I&#39;ll send you money for one of these. I know you said you want to just give them away but I would be more than happy to pay you a very inflated price for one of these to help pay for the next batch or whatever.

Thanks
    Cost isn&#39;t my biggest concern, making sure nothing bad can come from using it is my biggest concern. I am not going to take money for anything, especially for something I do not have in hand. I have seen it happen all to often on the internet. People prepay then something happens and I couldn&#39;t live with it if something like that did happen.

I will be waiting until I get feedback from all the testers before I send the specs for the next batch. The next batch is pretty much alredy paid for so paying for it isn&#39;t the issue right now.

Thanks for all the interest, I know it is slow coming but it is coming. I just want to make sure they are going to be safe.

Dolomite

Dolomite, put me on your list if you need anymore testers. I actually have a Stockade lift kit sitting here I didnt put in yet, so if you wanna compare it to that also let me know. I can mail it to you or you can mail me one of yours, doesnt matter.

mike
    ”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
    ~Clint Eastwood

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by pdog06
    Dolomite, put me on your list if you need anymore testers. I actually have a Stockade lift kit sitting here I didnt put in yet, so if you wanna compare it to that also let me know. I can mail it to you or you can mail me one of yours, doesnt matter.

mike
    On my particular gun my kit is lighter than the Stockade kit. Not saying you will have the same results but on mine is was lighter.

Thanks
    Dolomite

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast