Thread: 300wm prvi partizan

timtiminy

300wm prvi partizan

Just ordered two boxes of prvi partizan in 150gr and 180gr. I wanted to get a box of the 165gr too but seems like everyone is out of stock on it currently. Just wanted to compare how each shoot in my rifle.

I do have a question though, is the prvi partizan brass any good for reloading? I'd like to hear from people who have used it before and what they've experience with it.
    Thanks!

Basic Member
    Right where I Always Need To Be. Usually...
    I have 400 pieces of .308 PPU. Works great.

Most of it is once fired. Some has been used 4 x without trouble. I anneal after 2x. I wouldn't sell it short.

No problems with any of it on this end.
    'Scuse me while I whip this out...!

Damol
    What did you have to pay per box if you dont mind my asking?
    I like the PPU ammo, so far I have only played with there 308 Match
    ammo. But for fire forming some 243AI I ordered 200 rounds of
    PPU 90gr 243s for $12.85 per box

timtiminy
    That's a good price! I got it for basically $22 a box shipped.
    if you don't mind me asking... Where'd you buy yours from?

Damol
    Its at SGAmmo in Stillwater Oklahoma, great place,and good people.
    With all the madness they tried to keep there prices down.
    What I bought was 243 but they have the prvi in 300win mag also, its the 150gr.
    They are $18.95 per box or $18.75 for 10 or more.

timtiminy
    That's awesome, I wish I could find ammo that cheap around my neck of the woods. Shipping is a killer when not ordering in bulk, the ammo I mentioned getting was from sportsman's guide and they had a free shipping code that I used otherwise I wouldn't have gotten it.

Damol
    Shipping is a killer. I try to orded ammo in bulk when I can, I found these guys at a few funshows and they have treated me right every time. They do not have a store front and I have to pay tax along with shipping. Another place to find a deal here and there is the CMP.
    Not a lot to pick from but good prices on what they have, and the shipping is priced right, I get Hornady 30-06 loaded with the 168gr A-Max from the CMP and my Garands love it. Now if they would only get some surplus 300 Win Mag haha.
    Last edited by Damol; 08-28-2013 at 03:42 AM.

timtiminy
    I was able to get 150, 165 and 180gr offerings all for about $22 shipped. Now I just gotta get a scope so I can shoot her.

Damol
    Have you picked a scope out yet? If so what are you looking at? Picking a scope is as much fun as picking a rifle. Most of the time I look at scopes that cost to much then buy something cheaper, but I have fun. I like Leupold glass I just cant afford european scopes. I was in Cabelas in Rogers Ar. the other day and they had some Leupold VX-II's on clearance, but story of my life, I had no money on me.
    I spend less when I dont carry any HaHa.

timtiminy
    Hoping to get a Vortex Scope for it. I want to spend less than I probably will...

Damol
    Cool, I have never had the chance to try a Vortex, lots of positive wrightups. Let us know how it goes.

Volstandigkeit
    Quote Originally Posted by timtiminy View Post
    Hoping to get a Vortex Scope for it. I want to spend less than I probably will...
    Can't go wrong with a Vortex. I put a Diamondback 3.5-10x50 with the dead hold reticle on my 30-06 and have had no complaints. It's just as clear if not more so than my Nikon Buckmasters 6-18x40.

Basic Member
    I have quite a bit of Privi brass in 300WM I just could not pass up on huge sale at Graf's quite a while back. It is pretty good for reloading but I did have to sort it into light medium and heavy with about a 4g variance between light and heavy. Accuracy is very good with my pet loads.