Thread: Savage Hog Hunter new stock with DBM

JerichoAssassin

Savage Hog Hunter new stock with DBM

I have a Savage Hog Hunter model 11 in .308. What I want to do is update my stock. I am an amateur stock maker and would like to make my own stock but I would also need/like to make it into a detachable box magazine and I am having an extremely difficult time finding a floorplate. I'm under the impression that a floorplate from a predator hunter model 10 would work fine but have no idea how to get a replacement. Does anybody have any suggestions what I should do??? Also with my business and school I have hardly any time to call Savage Arms during their business hours. Does anyone know if they have a contact email to help me with this? I don't see one on their website. Thank you
    Last edited by thomae; 09-28-2013 at 09:46 AM.

thomae
    The Savage Arms mailing address is on their website. I know it's old fashioned, but you could send them a letter.

My other suggestion is to become a paid member of this forum so you can access the classifieds. Savage bottom metal and DBMs come up for sale from time to time.

M4J0R T0M
    CDI makes dbm bottom metal for model 10's.

sure it can also be found on ebay or gunbroker as well, and possibly MidwayUSA or Brownells. Any late model short action floorplate will work. The enire floorplate/magazine can be had for about $100-130. Then there are also aftermarket options as well, like CDI for one.
    ”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
    ~Clint Eastwood

M4J0R T0M
    CDI makes the bottom metal and dbm for the 10 FCP-SR I believe. It will work on any 4.4" center feed SA model 10 as long as you have the top bolt release.