Hello guys, I just found this forum and registered because I'm very close to pulling the trigger on new Savage 10 P-SR. I'm wanting to use the rifle for deer hunting and thought it would fill that role fairly well. I will also be upgrading the rifle and turning it into a precision type rifle and maybe use in a couple matches later on down the road. My question is this, what aftermarket stock upgrades are available for this model? Is the bolt release on the trigger guard like the TR model? Also, what are my options for adding a larger capacity DBM? Does Savage or any other manufacturer offer them or do I have to install all new bottom metal?

I'm pretty excited to get this rifle. It will be my first bolt action rifle ever, and to think I came so close to making a huge mistake and getting a Remington 700. In all seriousness, I was about to buy the Remington 700 AAC-SD. I was looking around the web trying to find the best price on it and I stumbled across the 10 P-SR.

I like the fact that the Savage comes with a sweet Accutrigger, 5R rifling, and a nice big tactical bolt handle. The really sweet thing is that I can get all this for $150 less than the Remington. I've only shot one Savage before and it was my dad's 22-250 p-dog gun. That thing is s sweet shooter!