Thread: Places for time and true

Basic Member

Places for time and true

Where are some good places for t&t ?

Sss isn't even scheduling any work till after the first of the year.

I called stockade but can't get a return phone call.

The hard bolt lift at the end sucks.

I have not been able to fire it after turning the firing pin nut to see any improvement there. I have wondered if a ptg or sss bolt body could make some improvement.

Those are to only two places that I would send mine to.

When you do talk to Stockade, I hope you are sitting comfortably. Kevin likes to chat.
    "Muzzle velocity is a depreciating asset, not unlike a new car, but BC, like diamonds, is forever."-German A. Salazar

Team Savage
    The only place that does the "real" Time and True is Sharp Shooter Supply. Fred has his own way of doing that work. No one else that I know of will go to the effort to machine the bolt body (part of the time and true process). Other folks will "true" the action and barrel nut.

Basic Member
    Then I guess I'll just have to wait.

I'm going to shoot it today or tomorrow after the firing spring nut adjustment and see if that helps. My 22-250 is smooth as can be even with loads hot enough that they are flattening primers. 308 on the other hand not so lucky.

RiverSink
    Nor Cal Mikie, have you had Kevin T&T an action for you before?

Team Savage
    No I havn't. Only had one done (so far) and that was done by Fred at SSS. If you look at all that goes in to the T&T process by SSS you'll see the difference. Fred is the one that started the T&T way back when and so far, I don't think anybody else does the same thing.
    Lots of folks say they'll do the T&T but I don't think they go the full route. Could be wrong but so far, I havn't seen anybody match his T&T process, item for item.
    Oz never gave nothing to the Tin Man, that he didn't already have.

I think Kevin does it the same or very similar. Kevin and Fred used to be partners way back. That's why I would only trust my stuff with them.

They are the only two that really understand the workings of a Savage action. Most of the other gunsmiths out there want to treat our actions like a Remington.
    "Muzzle velocity is a depreciating asset, not unlike a new car, but BC, like diamonds, is forever."-German A. Salazar

Team Savage
    Interesting! You learn something new every day.
    Oz never gave nothing to the Tin Man, that he didn't already have.

LRJammer
    I wouldnt hesitate to send it to Kevin Rahill. He gave me a time quote on a true & time that I was very skeptical of. He was more than true to his word and I recieved my action back even faster than quoted. That almost NEVER happens in this industry. Yes, he does like to talk, but he is a nice guy to talk to. My Stevens 200 based custom that Kevin trued out-shot some very expensive high end builds at a long range precision rifle course recently. Now, I wouldnt send my work to anyon BUT Kevin Rahill.

dondick
    I just ordered a bolt lift kit from Stockade . I am in Texas , I had to wait til after 11:00 am to get an answer . I placed the order on a Tues and it was in my hands Thurs afternoon . I wouldn't hesitate to use them for anything , good people .