I have received a new screw in the mail from savage for my front most receiver hole. The head of the screw is stripped not the actual threads. I have blunted a tip for my soldering iron so I would have the most surface area so it would heat. After holding the soldering iron for seriously fifteen minutes on the rear screw and it still wouldn't budge. My plan was to remove that screw so I could drill the stripped screw head off then lift the base off then turn the remaining screw piece out with a vise grips. Every single screw on the whole rifle is in so tight it's not even funny. I was bending the Allen wrench and it wouldn't budge. I have decided to leave the bases on and not mess with it until after the youth hunt. Then I'm going to take it to a gunsmith have them remove the screws and buy a Dnz game reaper mount and install it myself. This is getting a little ridiculous. I'm not very pleased with savage. First a stripped screw from the factory and now all of the screws won't budge. Not happy.