Thread: After Market Trigger for Savage 110 BA .338 LM

MDslammer

After Market Trigger for Savage 110 BA .338 LM

Hello,

Just joined the forum. Looking to meet new people and engaging conversation.

For my first post, I was hoping for some suggestions/advice. I have a Savage 110 BA .338 Lapua Magnum.
    I would like to replace the factory trigger. For those of you who have done so, could you please give me a bit
    of help/info.

What kind of trigger(s) will work?
    Who carries them?
    Price if available?
    Overall satisfaction?

Any other info would be helpful.

Thanks very much.

MDslammer
    Las Vegas, NV

Mach2
    Welcome MD
    RifleBasix and Timney seem to be the frontrunners for 110 aftermarket triggers. They're up around $90 to $100. I have a RifleBasix 1 on a 110 in .270.

Do you hunt on game management land, public land around Las Vegas or private land? Always wondered what folks hunt on out there in the wide open spaces.

MDslammer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach2 View Post
    Welcome MD
    RifleBasix and Timney seem to be the frontrunners for 110 aftermarket triggers. They're up around $90 to $100. I have a RifleBasix 1 on a 110 in .270.

Do you hunt on game management land, public land around Las Vegas or private land? Always wondered what folks hunt on out there in the wide open spaces.
    Hi Mach2,

Thanks for the info. Tried a Timney and it was OK. Didn't really kill me though. I wish Jewell made a trigger for the 110 BA .338 but they don't. As far as hunting goes, I'm a novice at best. But guys in NV hunt deer, elk up in central/northern NV. Plenty of great areas up north of Las Vegas.
    I primarily shoot LR/ELR distance. I produced a few films of myself and buddies shooting. Take a look is you're interested and have
    time.
    Shooting a mile with the BA 110 .338 LM:
    Shooting 2300 yds / 1 mile / Target Cam: http://www.accurateshooter.com/shoot...at-2300-yards/

Best.

MDslammer

4. 09-23-2013, 04:12 PM
    Reason
    Duplicate Post

Basic Member
    The sharpshootersupply competition trigger is my go to trigger for target rifles.
    They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

MDslammer
    Quote Originally Posted by psharon97 View Post
    The sharpshootersupply competition trigger is my go to trigger for target rifles.
    Hi psharon97,

I did come across the Sharp Shooters Supply. http://www.sharpshootersupply.com/
    Saw two triggers offered. One of them being the competition trigger for $102.00. This looks to be workable. I sent them an
    email to see if they had this in stock. If so, I'll try it out.

Thanks very much for chiming in.

Best.

MDslammer

cardinal
    Hi MDslammer,
    The rifle basic trigger will work, but you will have to remove some material from the chassis to make room for the front of the trigger to slide in. It is not a lot of material and is simple to do, I did it to mine and the trigger works great, I have it set at 8 ounces. It is only used for target shooting.

Have you had any range time with it and if so how does it shoot?

Good luck with the project,
    Charles

bodywerks
    Quote Originally Posted by psharon97 View Post
    Without question this trigger is leaps and bounds better than the rifle basix 1 or 2. It has its own sear catch so you don't have to worry about alignment with the factory sear. Sear engagement is deliberate and adjustable. I just don't know why anyone would use any other trigger, other than the fact that sss has a bad reputation as far as getting in touch with them. This is not a big deal to me, for the trigger at least. Its a quality reliable piece.
    Don't bother trying to get it direct from sss, though. Go to tactical works dot com and order one online. It is currently in stock and they ship next day at the latest. $95, too
    Last edited by bodywerks; 09-24-2013 at 04:02 AM.

223 4 me
    Awsome video, good shooting, looks like a full value 8-10mph.