Thread: LEO Savage 10TR First 200yard shoot and Little Brother Savage MKII TR 50 Yard Shoot

Basic Member

LEO Savage 10TR First 200yard shoot and Little Brother Savage MKII TR 50 Yard Shoot

My first time with the Savage 10 TR at 200 yards, very windy day. I also shot my Savage MKII TR at 50 yards. The Savage 10TR now has 48 rounds through it. Groups weren't as tight as I liked but that is because of me as this is my first time shooting at 200 yards in about 10 years, I use to shoot out to 500 yards every year. I will be putting up a full review at my website www.dayattherange.com. But since this site was part of the inspiration for me acquiring the Savage 10TR I thought I would share some pics and will become a more active participant.

Redfield Revenge 6x18

Last edited by mr.revolverguy; 09-23-2013 at 07:21 PM.

Basic Member
    DOes anyone have a good SAAMI spec load that works with the Hornady FMJ 150's?

Well, I'm not an expert at rifle but those groups look DARN good, especially with only 48 rounds down the tube! NICE gun and NICE shooting- I think you can expect great things with that 10TR! That MKII is great looking too!

What kind of scope is that in the pic (looking through at target / berm)? Looks like a good clear picture...Brian OOPS- just learned how to read///Redfield Revenge...nice!
    Learning something new, experiencing something new and sharing the journey are reason enough to get out of bed each day!

brasse
    Is that the 20 inch barrel? I love that JP Cooley muzzle brake, only way I can shoot 308. I don't think anyone has posted getting the 24 inch barrel?

My 10TR shot much better after the first 80 rounds, all factory. The 10TR likes it dirty, I only clean it after 100 rounds or 4 trips to the range. Doesn't seem to collect much copper either.

I hadn't thought of using the CFE223 for 308, but 0.509 MOA isn't bad.

I have to laugh, very windy day of 8-15 mph is a normal day in Lost Wages. Got to range Sunday, it was shut down because winds over 35 had broken 4 of their $70 frames.

Surprised no one ragged on you about keeping the sticker on the stock. I finally removed mine but only after the ragging.

We owners of the 10TR should have our own Sticky Thread, so far 100% happy owners.

Basic Member
    That brake looks sweet! Keep us updated as you get the groups honed in. I'm looking at the cheaper dicks sporting goods version of this rifle. I like your matching 22 as well!

Basic Member
    It is the 24inch

I'd steer clear of FMJ military type bullets if you want the best accuracy in your rifle. You'll be better off with Sierra Match Kings, Hornady A-Max or Berger VLD's.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brasse View Post
    Surprised no one ragged on you about keeping the sticker on the stock. I finally removed mine but only after the ragging.

We owners of the 10TR should have our own Sticky Thread, so far 100% happy owners.
    +1 to 10TR sticky thread :-D

Btw. I am keeping the stickers intentionaly (too).
    Looks like toy and shoots like hell ;-)

Anyway, nice shooting, revolverguy!