Thread: Scope Base/Mount Suggestions?

tk421991

Scope Base/Mount Suggestions?

I'm looking to upgrade from the package deal scope bases and rings on my pre-Accutrigger 110 (upgrading the whole rifle, so this is just 1 step). This rifle is my first project gun, so this is a new world for me. I'm thinking about a quick detach set of rings so I can take the scope off while cleaning the rifle and put the scope back on when I'm done.

I've looked around and Warne seems to get good reviews. What do you all think of them and their products? Does anyone have any other suggestions for a quick detach set of rings and a matching base? Thanks!

Warne ring/base chart:

http://warnescopemounts.com/wp-conte...ster-Chart.pdf

Base:

http://www.sportoptics.com/warne-max...M902-936M.aspx

Rings:

http://www.amazon.com/Warne-Scope-Mo...ach+rings+1%22

Basic Member
    I haven't used the QD but the standard Warne rings are very stout and on several of my Savages

Maxamillion
    Dnz game reapers

Basic Member
    I have several Warne one piece steel rails in use on mine and like them a lot. Probably the best bang for the buck for a steel mount in my opinion. I haven't used their rings but hear they are very well made too. Currently all of my Savages are wearing Burris Signature Zee rings.

Quote Originally Posted by efm77 View Post
    ... Currently all of my Savages are wearing Burris Signature Zee rings.
    Yep, +1. Like the fact that there's virtually zero chance of ring marks.
    VISA loves me since I joined this site.

tk421991
    Quote Originally Posted by efm77 View Post
    I have several Warne one piece steel rails in use on mine and like them a lot. Probably the best bang for the buck for a steel mount in my opinion.
    If you don't mind me asking, why the rail and not a 2-piece base? A guy I know also uses a Warne rail for his 110. Wouldn't it get in the way while cleaning and while loading the mag? I have a blind mag, no detachable box or floorplate.

Williarj87
    Most long range shooters get a single piece base for 20 MOA. Another reason is you have more adjustment for mounting your scope if you use a picatinny style rail in order to get perfect eye reliefe. And ,anybody else correct me if I am wrong, but I believe people say that it is easier to guarantee 100% straight ring mounting with a solid base. If you clean your rifles through the breach using a breach rod guide it will not get in the way of cleaning. As for the magazine loading, it does give you a little less room to work with.

Basic Member
    "Another reason is you have more adjustment for mounting your scope if you use a picatinny style rail in order to get perfect eye relief."

Exactly. The long action Savage is pretty long and a lot of scopes' tubes can be pretty short and sometimes hard to get mounted with the correct eye relief. The one piece picatinny rail takes care of that. You have many places you can put the rings which allow for more movement of the scope. Also in my case, I needed more clearance for the objective over the barrel. Most of the picatinny rails are thicker than two piece bases thus giving you more clearance over your barrel. I could have gotten taller rings but I wanted to stick with my Signature Zee rings and I had the tallest ones they make for the 1" tubes. So the one piece base gave me more clearance. It is a little more difficult to load through the ejection port on the action but it's not impossible. I do it all the time. It also doesn't interfere with ejection. My empties shoot straight out the side and clear the rails.